HONG KONG – Encouraged by new policies to boost drug development, biopharmaceutical companies in China are increasingly investing in innovative drugs overseas that are at late R&D stages and bringing the candidates to the domestic market for further clinical studies.
- Idenix crown jewel crumbles as Merck takes $2.9 billion HCV write-down
- Cempra success: Taksta takes ABSSSI to task in phase III trial
- BTG backs combo use of immunotherapy, cancer interventional treatments
- Market reshuffling: China’s revised NRDL to boost pharma sector
- Supreme Court reverses Federal Circuit in Promeg...
- Beijing's Apollobio to bring Inovio's new HPV drug to China marketplace
- Chi-Med's savolitinib hits phase II endpoints in Met-driven PRCC
- Samsung's biosimilars come to fruition despite scandals, company says
- Germline gene editing should be allowed – in certain situations
- Tivantinib misses OS endpoint in phase III liver...
Myovant Sciences Inc.'s kickoff to 2017 with a phase III trial testing its oral gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) receptor antagonist relugolix in uterine fibroids (UFs) signaled a year of tighter focus on the condition, with a group of heavyweight drug developers involved in that indication as well as endometriosis.
LONDON Clinical trials involving genome editing in gametes or early embryos could be permitted in the future, but only for serious conditions and under stringent oversight, said experts after a year-long review of the scientific and ethical issues thrown up by CRISPR/Cas9.READ MORE »
- Potential drug target found for Chikungunya virus arthritis »
- Screening a risky, beneficial business »
- Bacterial immunotherapy shows promise in tumor-targeting »
- 'Bioinspired' culturing process loses serum, gains reproducibility »
- First rotaviruses derived entirely from cloned DNA developed »
- Clotting, hypertension, inflammation linked »
- Plant-derived products may help fight HBV »
- New targets for overcoming melanoma resistance identified »
- Dual-action, dual-indication decoy fights tumors, viruses »
- Is ‘what the patient pays’ the right barometer for pricing drugs?January 26, 2017 | 5:08 PM | Posted by: Mari Serebrov
- Yes, there’s a doctor in the House (and Senate)January 04, 2017 | 12:21 AM | Posted by: Mari Serebrov
- Time for fa-la-la with BioWorld’s 10th annual Holiday Gift GuideDecember 02, 2016 | 8:43 PM | Posted by: Marie Powers
- Biotech’s biggest protesters are turning into its supporters November 30, 2016 | 10:58 PM | Posted by: Amanda Lanier
- Sex and drugs: Something doesn’t ‘Addyi’ upNovember 04, 2016 | 10:35 PM | Posted by: Randy Osborne
Partners in Focus
Outside of the US
In the U.S. and Canada: +1-800-336-4474
Outside the U.S.: +44-203-684-1796
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 6:00 pm EST