Having a CEO with family ties to the U.S. Senate isn't enough to insulate Mylan NV from demands for a Senate investigation into the pricing of its Epipen Auto-injector, especially when parents across the country and a former presidential candidate with a big microphone take to social media for a public shaming.
Chronic pain is an enormous problem, affecting about 10 to 15 percent of the adult population. Another enormous problem? Opioid painkiller addiction, which kills about 30,000 Americans annually.
- Japan's PMDA flags Kyowa Hakko Kirin's filgrastim and its biosimilars with anaphylaxis risk
- TGA's drug labeling overhaul aimed to align Australia requirements
- Amgen continues to expand in Asia
- China's KBP Biosciences plans to bring 'me-only' drugs to the world
- Class of 2015 is a snapshot of the perils in predicting blockbusters
The first half of 2016 is in the books, and while the biopharma sector's financial results weren't exactly a slam dunk, they did at least keep investors in the paint. As evidence of that, beginning with the closing bell on July 27, the Nasdaq Biotechnology Index has finished above 3,000 for the longest consecutive run since December 2015.
A team from the University of Tuebingen has identified the first bactericidal compound produced by a member of the human microbiome.
- Using delivery vehicle for trash pickup can dampen autoimmunity »
- Protein induces therapeutic angiogenesis »
- Virtual reality, robots, feedback enable recovery of paraplegics »
- Progress made toward beating chronic viral infections »
- May the force be with your diaphragm, even after ventilation »
- New technique offers gene editing without cutting DNA »
- Tolerizing nanoparticles could broaden the scope of biologics »
- Proteins acting as RNA-binders may point to new heart disease cure »
- Anti-parasitic drug shows potential for treating breast cancer »
- Will biosimilar carve-outs put R&D for older MAbs on ice?August 11, 2016 | 10:47 PM | Posted by: Mari Serebrov
- Ethically speaking: What’s the right thing to do?July 29, 2016 | 7:41 PM | Posted by: Lynn Yoffee
- For the birds, or the BlackBerries: Titles to intrigue and entertain in BioWorld’s 10th Annual Summer Reading ListJune 01, 2016 | 7:52 PM | Posted by: Marie Powers
- An end to Charlotte’s web?May 10, 2016 | 9:09 PM | Posted by: Mari Serebrov
- Building a wall to keep companies inApril 05, 2016 | 9:10 PM | Posted by: Mari Serebrov
Partners in Focus
Suite: 1100 | Atlanta, Georgia 30346, USA
Outside of the US
In the U.S. and Canada: +1-800-336-4474
Outside the U.S.: +44-203-684-1796
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 6:00 pm EST
Sign up for Highlights FREE e-mail newsletter