Amyloid aggregation may be a feature, not a bug, of the protein’s function. A bug-catching feature.
A single injection of the peptide hormone fibroblast growth factor 1 (FGF1) directly into the brain induced long-term remission from type 2 diabetes in rats and mice.
- Old flame: Vyxeos' AML impact in seniors lures Jazz to dance floor with $1.5B Celator takeover
- Uneconomies of scale: Pondering how to pay for gene therapies
- FDA OKs Ocaliva for PBC; Biogen, Abbvie see new MS drug approved
- Amgen myeloma drug Kyprolis to benefit from surprise EMA rebuff for Takeda's Ninlaro
- Teva flunks orphan drug test with CRL on Auspex-...
Several interesting ongoing story lines reignited investors' interest in biotech during the month and helped halt the slide in the sector's valuation. Biopharma M&A is always an attention-grabber and Sanofi SA's hostile $9 billion-plus bid for Medivation Inc. provided that, with the latest chapter seeing the pharma seeking to oust the Medivation board and replace it with its own slate of candidates. There has also been an intriguing subplot with Amgen Inc., Celgene Corp. and Gilead Sciences Inc. all rumored to be contemplating their own bids for Medivation.
Findings that precision medicine benefits patients even in phase I trials, and patients treated with Keytruda (pembrolizumab, Merck & Co. Inc.) had a three-year survival rate of about 40 percent, were among the highlights of the sprawling treasure trove that is the American Society of Clinical Oncology's (ASCO) annual meeting abstracts. Abstracts for the 2016 annual meeting, which will be held in Chicago June 3-7, were publicly released yesterday.READ MORE »
- Study identifies breast cancer’s traffic signals to bone »
- Combination may induce necroptosis to treat AML »
- Soil bacterium protects from inflammation, stress effects »
- Viral adaptation favors HIV, predicts disease course »
- Cancer drug stimulates stem cells, wound healing »
- Hormone increases fat absorption, obesity risk »
- Cheap, quick platform technology leads to cheap, quick Zika diagnostic »
- New therapeutic target identified against glioblastoma »
- Study identifies new therapeutic target for AMD »
- An end to Charlotte’s web?May 10, 2016 | 9:09 PM | Posted by: Mari Serebrov
- Building a wall to keep companies inApril 05, 2016 | 9:10 PM | Posted by: Mari Serebrov
- Ignoring the science for a bigger box of crayonsMarch 08, 2016 | 9:58 PM | Posted by: Mari Serebrov
- Shkreli: A supervillain with a dastardly plan? Or a distraction from the real problem? February 09, 2016 | 2:40 PM | Posted by: Jennifer Boggs
- No joy in Bio-villeDecember 30, 2015 | 10:48 PM | Posted by: Mari Serebrov
Partners in Focus
Suite: 1100 | Atlanta, Georgia 30346, USA
Outside of the US
In the U.S. and Canada: +1-800-336-4474
Outside the U.S.: +44-203-684-1796
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 6:00 pm EST
Sign up for Highlights FREE e-mail newsletter