Amicus Therapeutics Inc.'s shares rocketed 20.4 percent Wednesday as the company delivered positive top-line data from a second phase III study of migalastat, its oral small-molecule chaperone for Fabry disease patients. more »
DUBLIN – Santhera Pharmaceuticals AG, the hottest turnaround story in European biotech this year, raised CHF13.4 million (US$14.8 million) from a sale of treasury shares, as it prepares for a crunch meeting with the FDA to map out a regulatory approval pathway for idebenone (Catena/Raxone).
- Amicus Therapeutics paves path to reviews with positive phase III Fabry data
- Novabay sinks on NVC-422 phase II torpedo in viral conjunctivitis
- Experimental drug fights Ebola's cousin Marburg, even after symptom onset
- Researchers: Up to 30K eligible for Ebola drugs in 'conservative' estimate
- Morphosys paying $20M for Emergent's bispecific ...
At the beginning of this month the FDA released its much anticipated final guidance for companion diagnostics tests. It recognizes that those tests are evolving as essential components in order for new innovative therapies to be targeted to patients who will benefit the most.
Scientists from Roche Pharma Research and Early Development (pRED) and PTC Therapeutics Inc., with colleagues in academia, reported on small-molecule drugs that improved the symptoms of spinal muscular atrophy (SMA) by altering the splicing of the protein SMN2.
In mouse models of SMA, the compounds "profoundly altered the course of the disease," PTC Therapeutics CEO and co-author Stuart Peltz told BioWorld Today.READ MORE »
- Researchers: Up to 30K eligible for Ebola drugs in 'conservative' estimate »
- Experimental drug fights Ebola's cousin Marburg, even after symptom onset »
- VLP vaccine promising against chikungunya »
- Send in the 'caveolaery' and solve drug delivery problems »
- Part biosurgery, part immunotherapy, C. novyi destroys tumor »
- Researchers resolve bone development debate »
- Best way to look at inflammation data is in dispute »
- Stem cell survival factor could improve bone marrow transplants »
- Mutant huntingtin spreads, prion-like, between cells »
- A little irony here? FDA’s technical difficulties on social media webinar send folks a’Twitter’July 10, 2014 | 9:44 PM | Posted by: Marie Powers
- Old news, yet still making headlinesJune 13, 2014 | 4:11 PM | Posted by: Mari Serebrov
- Pigoons, politicians and the periodic table: BioWorld’s 8th annual biotech summer reading listJune 06, 2014 | 4:09 PM | Posted by: Marie Powers
- ASCO strides provide cold comfortJune 05, 2014 | 4:38 PM | Posted by: Randy Osborne
- Capturing cancer drugs' true value calls for clear thinkingMay 30, 2014 | 3:48 PM | Posted by: Michael Fitzhugh
Partners in Focus
Cast Your Vote
Suite: 1100 | Atlanta, Georgia 30346, USA
Outside of the US
In the U.S. and Canada: +1-800-336-4474
Outside the U.S.: +44-203-684-1796
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 6:00 pm EST
Sign up for Highlights FREE e-mail newsletter