* Gensia Inc., of San Diego, named Patrick Walshpresident and chief operating officer of its subsidiary,Gensia Laboratories Ltd., where Walsh already wasexecutive vice president and COO.
* Gilead Sciences Inc., of Foster City, Calif., appointedJohn Marin to the new position of chief operating officer.He's been at the company since 1990.
* MedImmune Inc., of Gaithersburg, Md., promotedDavid Mott to president and chief operating officer, andelected him to the board. Most recently he was executivevice president and chief financial officer at the company.
* Trophix Pharmaceuticals Inc., of South Plainfield, N.J.,hired Robert Cohen as president and chief operatingofficer. He previously was president and CEO atGynoPharma Inc. and was an executive at BerlexLaboratories Inc. of Richmond, Calif.
* Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc., of Cambridge, Mass.,named Eugene Cordes to its scientific advisory board. Heis a professor of pharmacy and chemistry at theUniversity of Michigan at Ann Arbor.
* ZymoGenetics Inc., of Seattle, appointed Claus Kuhlpresident. The company is the U.S. discovery unit ofNovo Nordisk A/S, of Bagsvaerd, Denmark.
(c) 1997 American Health Consultants. All rights reserved.