1) The slowing of the ICD market.
2) The sector’s rotation into lower P/E defensive names.
3) Boston Sci’s acquisition of Guidant and subsequent woes.
4) The ouster of Dane Miller and subsequent sale of Biomet.
5) CMS’s FY07 IPPS proposal: April’s fear and August’s reality.
6) The multi-focal IOL market’s failure to live up to expectations.
7) J&J’s acquisition strategy: less pharma, more consumer.
8) Safety concerns in drug-eluting stents.
9) Bausch & Lomb’s accounting woes and the recall of Renu with MoistureLoc.
10) The struggles at all three mid-cap ophthalmology companies.
11) The pricing cycle in plasma proteins.
12 BlueSky vs. KCI: valid, but not infringing.
13) The return of early stage IPOs.
14) Ray Elliott’s announced retirement from Zimmer.
15) Bob Daretta’s retirement from J&J.
Source: JP Morgan The MedTech Monitor