* Accumetrics Inc., of San Diego, appointed to its board of directors John (Kris) Kringel, recently retired as a corporate senior vice president, hospital products, for Abbott Laboratories, of Abbott Park, Ill.
* Alza Corp., of Palo Alto, Calif., promoted David Swanson to vice president, transdermal research and development, and appointed Krisztina Zsebo, vice president, DUROS research and development.
* Argonex Inc., of Charlottesville, Va., appointed J. Mark Braughler, president, and Ramila Philip, vice president, immunology and clinical affairs.
* Bearsden Bio Inc., of Aston, Pa., named to its board of directors Sidney Hecht, a professor of chemistry at the University of Virginia, and Patrick Burns, senior consultant to Early Stage Enterprises.
* Bio-Technology General Corp., of Iselin, N.J., named Lawrence Brown vice president, business development.
* Cellomics Inc., of Pittsburgh, appointed Mary Schramke director of business development for reagents and screens.
* Cephalon Inc., of West Chester, Pa., promoted John Osborn to senior vice president, legal.
* Chronimed Inc., of Minneapolis, named Shawn Featherston vice president of human resources.
* ClinTrials Research Inc., of Nashville, Tenn., appointed Colin Neill senior vice president and chief financial officer.
* Datex-Ohmeda, of Tewksbury, Mass., named Richard Atkin president and CEO of Datex-Ohmeda North America.
* Delsys Pharmaceutical Corp., of Princeton, N.J., appointed to its board of directors Robert Paluck, founder and managing general partner of CenterPoint Venture Partners, of Dallas; and Michael Sember, executive vice president, business development, for Elan Corp. plc.
* Diversa Corp., of San Diego, appointed Robert Pangborn senior advisor.
* Dyax Corp., of Cambridge, Mass., named Gregory Phelps vice chairman of the board of directors.
* Genelabs Technologies Inc., of Redwood City, Calif., appointed Rich Meyer Jr. vice president, research, and Cynthia Edwards chief scientific officer.