* Protein Sciences Corp., of Meriden, Conn., named Manon Cox vice president, David Renker controller, and Elaine Pellegrino manager of human resources.
* Quantum Biotechnologies Inc., of Montreal, named Garth Cumberlidge president and chief operating officer.
* Quidel Corp., of San Diego, named Charles Bowden chief medical officer and vice president of technology and business development.
* Quintiles Transnational Corp., of Research Triangle Park, N.C., named James Ogle president and chief operating officer of Quintiles Contract Research Organization; Pat Barrett president, Quintiles Americas; and Tom Perkins vice president and deputy general counsel of Quintiles Transnational Corp. It also named to its Medical Technology Consultants-Quintiles business unit Gerd Juhl, principal consultant based in Munich; Victoria Dedrick, principal consultant based in Brussels, and Derrick Beech, principal consultant based in Sydney.
* ReGen Biologics Inc., of Redwood City, Calif., named Gerald Bisbee chairman, president and CEO.
* Sabratek Corp., of Skokie, Ill., appointed Christopher Zuccarelli chief operating officer, and Avia Toney director of regulatory affairs and quality assurance.
* SafeScience Inc., of Boston, named to its board of directors Theodore Host, former president and CEO of the Scotts Co.
* Scios Inc., of Mountain View, Calif., named Richard Brewer president and CEO.
* Sequus Pharmaceuticals Inc., of Menlo Park, Calif., elected to its board of directors Elizabeth Geetham, manager of the Weiss, Peck & Greer Life Sciences Funds.
* Sonus Pharmaceuticals Inc., of Bothell, Wash., named Michael Martino president and chief operating officer.
* StressGen Biotechnologies Corp., of Victoria, British Columbia, elected to its board of directors Sandra Panem, president of Vector Fund Management, the asset management affiliate of Vector Securities International, of Deerfield, Ill.