* Eos Biotechnology Inc., of South San Francisco, named Gayle Mills vice president, business development.
* Geron Corp., of Menlo Park, Calif., named to its board of directors Gary Neil, president and CEO of Crescendo Pharmaceuticals Corp.
* Genzyme Corp., of Cambridge, Mass., named Lisa Raines senior vice president of government relations.
* Humascan Inc., of Cranford, N.J., appointed Chris Blaxland president and chief executive officer.
* ID Biomedical Corp., of Vancouver, British Columbia, named as chairman of its board of directors Richard Bastiani, president of Dendreon Corp., of Mountain View, Calif. Dan Derriere, an entrepreneur, was named to the board.
* The Institute for Genomic Research, in Rockville, Md., named Claire Fraser president.
* Immunex Corp., of Seattle, named Barry Pea vice president and deputy general counsel.
* Invitrogen Corp., of Carlsbad, Calif., appointed Patrick Dillon vice president, research and development, of its Invitrogenomics division.
* Kinetek Pharmaceuticals Inc., of Vancouver, British Columbia, named James Woodgett chief scientific advisor.
* Kosan Biosciences Inc., of Burlingame, Calif., named Peter Licari director of process sciences and Christopher Reeves research investigator.
* Kyris Corp., of San Diego, named to its board of directors Wayne Withers, vice president, secretary, and general counsel of Emerson Electric Co.
* LifeCell Corp., of The Woodlands, Texas, named Paul Thomas president and CEO.
* Lifecodes Corp., of Stamford, Conn., named Michael Spicer corporate vice president and chief financial officer.
* Lifeline Biotechnologies Inc., of Reno, Nev., named John Gutierrez president of Nature's Creations, a wholly owned subsidiary.
* Matrix Pharmaceutical Inc., of Fremont, Calif., appointed David Ludvigson senior vice president and chief financial officer.
* MedImmune Inc., of Gaithersburg, Md., named Melvin Booth president and chief operating officer.
* MediSpectra Inc., of Lexington, Mass., appointed to its board of directors Stephen Reidy, general partner for Euclid Partners.
* Molecumetics Ltd., of Seattle, named Burton Goodman director, automation and information technology.
* NeuroMetrix Inc., of Boston, named Thomas Lew vice president of operations.
* New Brunswick Scientific Co., of Edison, N.J., appointed Harry Snook chief operating officer.
* OraPharma Inc., of Bridgewater, N.J., named Jan Norbert Lessem vice president of clinical research and development and chief medical officer.