* Sepracor Inc., of Malborough, Mass., made the following appointments: Stewart Mueller, vice president of regulatory and quality affairs; Louis Vaickus, vice president and medical director of clinical research; William Yelle, vice president of business development; Suzanne Boyd, assistant product manager; Kevin Fang, principal research chemist; James Wachholz, senior director of regulatory affairs; Dilip Wadgaonkar, manager of pharmaceutics; Kendyl Schaefer, manager of clinical marketing research; Becky Husak, clinical manager; David Kowalski, senior unit administrator; Kelly Ellsworth, market research analyst; Jonathan Kubiak, facilities services coordinator; Alex Helman, senior clinical data programmer; Laurie Butler, senior financial accountant; Patricia Buffone, buyer; Jaye Neidermair, clinical operations; and Denise Wilson, human resources administrator.
* Sequus Pharmaceuticals Inc., of Menlo Park, Calif., appointed John Richard executive vice president of business development and Joseph Vallner chief operating officer.
* SpectRx Inc., of Norcross, Ga., appointed to its board of directors Earl Lewis, president and CEO of Thermo Instrument Systems Inc.
* Structural Bioinformatics Inc., of San Diego, named to its board of directors Arne Gillin, of Dansk Kapitalanlaeg Aktieselskab, and appointed Dean Goddette vice president of marketing and sales.
* Trega Biosciences Inc., of San Diego, named Stephen Flaim vice president of biological research and development.
* UroGen Corp., of San Diego, named Robert Sobol president, CEO and director.
* Variagenics Inc., of Cambridge, Mass., appointed Colin Dykes vice president, genomics.
* Vascular Therapeutics Inc., of Mountain View, Calif., named to its board of directors Edgar Engleman, professor at Stanford University School of Medicine.
* Viragen Inc., of Plantation, Fla., named Robert Ruttenberg director of communications.