* Connetics Corp., of Palo Alto, Calif., appointed Robert Lederer senior vice president of sales and marketing and Katrina Church vice president of legal affairs and corporate counsel.
* Copernicus Gene Systems Inc., of Beachwood, Ohio, named Thomas Barnish vice president of finance and chief operating officer.
* Cortech Inc., of Denver, appointed the following to its board of directors: Joachim von Roy, founder of RvR Associates; John Repine, president of the Webb-Waring Antioxidant Institute for Biomedical Research; and Edward Finkelstein, managing partner of REM and president and CEO of Edmark Development.
* Cortecs Ltd., of London, named Howard Christley director of medical operations and Roger Hickling director of development planning.
* DepoTech Corp., of San Diego, appointed Terrence Chew vice president, clinical development.
* Diversa Corp., of San Diego, named Jay Short president and chief technology officer.
* Genovo Inc., of Sharon Hill, Pa., appointed Eric Aguiar, CEO and chairman of the board.
* Geron Corp., of Menlo Park, Calif., appointed to its board of directors Edward Fritzky, chairman and CEO of Immunex Corp.
* Gryphon Sciences Inc., of South San Francisco, appointed Ronald Susek vice president of business development.
* Guilford Pharmaceuticals Inc., of Baltimore, named David Bergstrom vice president of pharmaceutical and chemical development.
* Human Genome Sciences Inc., of Rockville, Md., appointed Daniel Odenheimer director of medical affairs.
* Hyseq Inc., of Sunnyvale, Calif., appointed to its scientific board Pasko Rakic, a professor at Yale University School of Medicine, and Dennis Ballinger was named senior director of functional genomics/cardiovascular.
* Iconix Pharmaceuticals Inc., of Mountain View, Calif., named David Morgans vice president of research.
* Integrated Biosystems Inc., of Benicia, Calif., named David Richardson area sales manager.
* Interneuron Pharmaceuticals Inc., of Lexington, Mass., named Dale Ritter, senior vice president of finance and acting chief financial officer.
* Introgen Therapeutics Inc., of Austin, Texas, appointed Angela Goodwin director of investor relations.
* KeraVision Inc., of Fremont, Calif., named to its board of directors Peter Wilson, former president of Procter & Gamble's Richardson Vicks USA.
* Lark Technologies Inc., of Houston, named Alan Carter vice president of worldwide sales and marketing.
* Lidak Pharmaceuticals Inc., of San Diego, appointed Gregory Hanson chief financial officer.
* Life Medical Sciences Inc., of Edison, N.J., named Drew Karazin vice president and chief financial officer.
* MedImmune Inc., of Gaithersburg, Md., named Edward Goley vice president and general manager of its Frederick manufacturing site, and Robert Hirsch vice president of medical affairs.
* Myriad Genetics Inc., of Salt Lake City, named Gregory Critchfield president of Myriad Genetics Laboratories Inc.
* Nanogen Inc., of San Diego, named Daniel Burgess chief financial officer.
* Neurocrine Biosciences Inc., of San Diego, appointed Wylie Vale chief scientist of neuroscience.
* NeuroVir Inc., of Vancouver, British Columbia, named Peter Ulrich president and CEO.
* OraPharma Inc., of Bridgewater, N.J., appointed Joseph Zack vice president of sales and marketing.
* Protein Design Labs Inc., of Mountain View, Calif., appointed Robert Kirkman vice president of business development and corporate communications.