* Signal Pharmaceuticals Inc., of San Diego, made the following appointments: Merl Hoekstra, vice president of target discovery; Douglas Richard, vice president of corporate development; Shripad Bhagwat, director of medicinal chemistry; and David Anderson, senior vice president of drug development.
* Symyx Technologies Inc., of Santa Clara, Calif., appointed Steven Goldby chairman and CEO.
* T Cell Sciences Inc., of Needham, Mass., named Thomas Fuerst vice president of corporate development.
* Telik Inc., formerly Terrapin Technologies Inc., of South San Francisco, named Michael Wick president and CEO. The company also appointed James Glynn senior vice president and chief financial officer.
* The National Center for Genome Resources, of Santa Fe, N.M., appointed Michael Harpold its chief scientific officer.
* Theratechnologies Inc., of Montreal, named Yves Cornellier vice president of business development and commercialization.
* Tripos Inc., of St. Louis, named Mark Allen deputy managing director of high-throughput synthesis and Phil Small director of high-throughput synthesis.
* Viragen Inc., of Plantation, Fla., appointed Patrick Yeramian vice president and chief medical officer.
* Visible Genetics Inc., of Toronto, appointed to its board of directors Richard Daly, founder, chairman and CEO of Clinical Partners Inc., of San Francisco.