* AltaRex Corp., of Waltham, Mass., named the following to its clinical advisory board: Robert Ozols, of the Fox Chase Cancer Center; Roger Cohen, of the University of Virginia; Richard Margolese, of McGill University; and Daniel Von Hoff, director of the Institute for Drug Development at the Cancer Therapy Research Center in San Antonio.
* Alza Corp., of Palo Alto, Calif., named Susan Rinne vice president of regulatory affairs.
* Angeion Corp., of Minneapolis, appointed to its board of directors Stephen Wilson, executive vice president and chief financial officer of Computer Motion Inc.
* Ariad Pharmaceuticals Inc., of Cambridge, Mass., named to its board of directors Ralph Snyderman, of the Duke University School of Medicine and president and CEO of the Duke University Health System.
* Atlantic Pharmaceuticals Inc., of Raleigh, N.C., named as chairman Robert Fildes, former chairman and CEO of Scotgen Biopharmaceuticals Inc.
* Aurora Biosciences Corp., of San Diego, named Paul England vice president of discovery operations.
* Aviron Inc., of Mountain View, Calif., named Carolyn Christenson director of corporate communications.
* Cadus Pharmaceuticals Corp., of Tarrytown, N.Y., named Charles Woler president and CEO.
* Calydon Inc., of Sunnyvale, Calif., named John Grous vice president of clinical and regulatory affairs.
* Cel-Sci Corp., of Vienna, Va., named Michael Luecke senior vice president of business development.
* ClinTrials Research Inc., of Nashville, Tenn., made the following appointments: Kevin Duffy, vice president of worldwide clinical business development; Elena Mestre, senior director of worldwide clinical business development; Gary Griffiths, chief technical officer of worldwide clinical research; and SueAnne O'Hara, senior director of clinical monitoring.
* CoCensys Inc., of Irvine, Calif., named to its board of directors Robert Roe, executive vice president and chief operating officer of Cytel Corp.
* Coulter Pharmaceutical Inc., of Palo Alto, Calif., named to its scientific advisory board Sandra Horning, associate professor of medicine at Stanford University School of Medicine.
* Cypress Bioscience Inc., of New York, named to its board of directors Samuel Anderson, a medical and research consultant, and David Golde, of Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center. The company also appointed the following to its scientific advisory board: Jacques Caldwell, of Halifax Clinical Research Institute; Gary Firestein, of the University of California at San Diego; Stanford Roth, senior medical rheumatologist at ArthroCare Inc.; and Richard Lerner, president of The Scripps Research Institute.
* CytRx Corp., of Atlanta, named as chairman Max Link, former chairman of Sandoz Ltd.
* DiagnoCure Inc., of Quebec City, Quebec, appointed to its scientific advisory committee Tak Wah Mak, of the University of Toronto, and Richard Boucher, of the University of North Carolina.
* Ekos Corp., of Bothell, Wash., appointed Mark Low vice president of sales and marketing.
* Endorex Corp., of Chicago, appointed as scientific advisor to Japan Mamoru Watanabe, vice director of the Keio Cancer Center.
* EntreMed Inc., of Rockville, Md., named as vice chairman Wendell Starke, chairman of Invesco Inc.
* Enzon Inc., of Piscataway, N.J., named Richard Voss vice president of business development.
* Epligen Corp., of Needham, Mass., named to its board of directors Robert Hennessey, chairman, president and CEO of Genome Therapeutics Corp.
* GeneMedicine Inc., of The Woodlands, Texas, named Louis Smith director of the intratumoral program.
* Genentech Inc., of South San Francisco, named Sean Johnston vice president of intellectual property.
* Genome Pharmaceuticals Corp., of Munich, Germany, appointed to its supervisory board Metin Colpan, CEO and president of Qiagen N.V.
* Genzyme Transgenics Corp., of Framingham, Mass., appointed Sandra Lehrman president and CEO.
* Hybridon Inc., of Cambridge, Mass., appointed to its board of directors Arthur Berry, chairman and managing director of Pecks Management Partners, and Harold Purkey, president of Forum Capital Markets LLC.
* Idun Pharmaceuticals Inc., of La Jolla, Calif., named M.J. Winship vice president of medical affairs.
* Immunomedics Inc., of Morris Plains, N.J., named Robert DeLuccia president and CEO.
* Insmed Pharmaceuticals Inc., of Richmond, appointed Karsten Lundgren vice president of discovery.
* Invitrogen Corp., of Carlsbad, Calif., appointed James Glynn senior vice president and chief financial officer.
* Ixion Biotechnology Inc., of Alachua, Fla., named to its scientific advisory board Desmond Schatz, of the University of Florida's Health Science Center.
* Medical Science Systems Inc., of Newport Beach, Calif., named the following to its scientific advisory board for the osteoporosis program: Gregory Mundy, of the University of Texas Health Science Center; and Robert Lindsay, of Columbia University and president of the National Osteoporosis Foundation.
* Megabios Corp., of Burlingame, Calif., appointed Bennet Weintraub chief financial officer and vice president of finance.
* Microscience Ltd., of London, named Rod Richard CEO.
* Mycogen Corp., of San Diego, named to its board of directors Clayton Yeutter, a former U.S. secretary of Agriculture.
* Myriad Genetics Inc., of Salt Lake City, named James Kuo vice president of business development.
* Nabi, of Boca Raton, Fla., named Thomas McLain senior vice president of corporate services.
* Neotherapeutics Inc., of Irvine, Calif., appointed the following to its board of directors: Joseph Rubinfeld, chairman, president, and CEO of Supergen Inc.; and Eric Nelson, founder of Nelson Research and Development Co.
* Neuromedica Inc., of Conshohocken, Pa., appointed Forrest Anthony vice president of clinical development and Michael Harnden director of antiviral chemotherapy.
* Oceania Inc., of Palo Alto, Calif., named to its board of directors Ian Morrison, former president of the Institute for the Future.
* OSI Pharmaceuticals Inc., of Uniondale, N.Y., named Geoff Cooper vice president of business development.
* Palatin Technologies Inc., of Princeton, N.J., named Charles Putnam chief operating officer.
* Progenics Pharmaceuticals Inc., of Tarrytown, N.Y., appointed Ronald Prentki president.
* Qiagen N.V., of Venlo, Netherlands, named to its supervisory board Erik Hornnaess, former vice president of Abbott Laboratories.
* Quidel Corp., of San Diego, named Andre de Bruin president and CEO.
* Rhone-Poulenc S.A., of Paris, appointed Rossella Daverlo group vice president of communications.
* RiboGene Inc., of Hayward, Calif., appointed to its board of directors Roger Stoll, president and CEO of Ohmeda Inc.
* SangStat Medical Corp., of Menlo Park, Calif., named Jean-Jacques Bienaime president and chief operating officer and David Winter president and CEO of Human Organ Sciences Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary.
* Shaman Pharmaceuticals Inc., of South San Francisco, named Stephanie Diaz vice president and chief financial officer.
* Strata Biosciences Inc., of Alameda, Calif., named Douglas Lane president and CEO.