* Aastrom Biosciences Inc., of Ann Arbor, Mich., named to its board of directors Mary Campbell, general partner of Enterprise Development Fund.
* Acadia Pharmaceuticals Inc., of San Diego, appointed to its board of directors Leslie Iversen, a member of Acadia's Scientific Advisory Board who is professor of pharmacology at Imperial College School of Medicine at Hammersmith Hospital, in London; and Torsten Rasmussen, CEO of Morgan Management ApS.
* Altarex Corp., of Waltham, Mass., appointed to its board of directors Monique Begin, professor emerita at the University of Ottawa and former dean of the faculty of health sciences, and Jim Wright, founder, president and chief scientific officer of GeneSense Technologies Inc..
* Amgen Inc., of Thousand Oaks, Calif., appointed Kathryn Falberg vice president of finance and chief financial officer.
* Antisoma plc, of London, named Bart Wuurman director of business development.
* Bio-Technology General Corp., of Iselin, N.J., appointed Marian Gorecki managing director of Bio-Technology General Ltd., the company's wholly owned subsidiary in Rehovot, Israel.
* Boston Life Sciences Inc., of Boston, named Adrian Gerber executive vice president of business development and corporate planning.
* Briana Bio-Tech Inc., of Montreal, appointed Gaetan Carrier chief financial officer and Rachel Cohen corporate counsel and secretary.
* Cambridge NeuroScience Inc., of Cambridge, Mass., appointed Harry Wilcox president and CEO.
* Cell Pathways Inc., of Horsham, Pa., appointed Hector Alila vice president of product development.
* Cellegy Pharmaceuticals Inc., of Foster City, Calif., named John Chandler vice president of corporate development.
* Centocor Inc., of Malvern, Pa., named Christopher Allman manager of corporate public relations.
* Cholestech Corp., of Hayward, Calif., appointed to its board of directors Larry Wilson, executive vice president and chief operating officer at Catholic Healthcare West.
* ClinTrials Research Inc., of Nashville, Tenn., named to its board of directors William Parfet, co-chairman of MPI Research Inc.
* Cortech Inc., of Denver, named Bert Fingerhut chairman and acting CEO, and Diarmuid Boran chief operating officer and acting chief financial officer.
* Cortecs plc, of London, named James Long director of finance.
* Emisphere Technologies Inc., of Hawthorne, N.Y., named Barry Kanarek senior vice president of clinical affairs.
* Epimmune Inc., of San Diego, named Peter Wulff vice president of finance.
* Eurona Medical AB, of Uppsala, Sweden, appointed Thomas Pollare vice president of business development.
* Exact Laboratories Inc., of Maynard, Mass., named Joy Yucaitis director of clinical trials.
* Genelabs Technologies Inc., of Redwood City, Calif., named Gilbert Mintz vice president of business development.
* Genentech Inc., of South San Francisco, named Dennis Henner senior vice president of research; Stephen Juelsgaard senior vice president, general counsel and secretary; and Walter Moore vice president of government affairs.
* Genometrix Inc., of The Woodlands, Tex., appointed Michael Hogan chief scientific officer.
* Hyal Pharmaceutical Corp., of Mississauga, Ontario, named to its board of directors George deVeber, a nephrologist and biotechnology consultant who initiated the dialysis and transplantation program at Toronto's Western Hospital, and Jan Oudenes, president of Torcan Chemical Ltd.
* Hyseq Inc., of Sunnyvale, Calif., made the following appointments: Robert D'Elia, senior director of facilities operations; Staphanie Diaz, director of finance; Andrew Kumanoto, director of intellectual property; and Nandini Tandon, director of corporate development.
* ICAgen Inc., of Research Triangle Park, N.C, appointed Albert Lauritano vice president of business development.
* Idec Pharmaceuticals Inc., of San Diego, made the following appointments: William Rohn, chief operating officer; Nabil Hanna, chief scientific officer; Antonio Grillo-Lopez, chief medical officer; and Mark Wiggins, vice president of business development.
* Inflazyme Pharmaceuticals Ltd., of Richmond, British Columbia, appointed Ian McBeath president and CEO.
* Megabios Corp., of Burlingame, Calif., appointed John Warner vice president of research.
* Millenium Pharmaceuticals Inc., of Cambridge, Mass., appointed John Unger chief technical officer and Robert Schlegel director of genomics at the company's subsidiary, Millenium Predictive Medicine Inc.
* National Center for Genome Resources, of Santa Fe, N.M., appointed to its board of directors Jeffrey Casdin, CEO of Casdin Capital Partners LLC.
* Palatin Technologies Inc., of Princeton, N.J., named to its board of directors Robert Moussa, formerly an executive with Mallinckrodt Inc.
* PowderJect Pharmaceuticals plc, of Fremont, Calif., named Steven Prestrelski vice president, biopharmaceuticals.
* Quintiles Transnational Corp., of Research Triangle Park, N.C., made the following appointments: Peter O'Hanley, executive director of the company's Anti-Infective Therapeutics group; Gyan Prakash, director of the Anti-Infective Therapeutics group; Luigi (Gino) Girardi, senior technical advisor of Anti-Infective Therapeutics group; and John Keer, president of Quintiles CRO Service Group in Europe and Africa.