* Polydex Pharmaceuticals Ltd., of Scarborough, Ontario, appointed as a director Derek Lederer, head of a public accounting firm and former executive in the financial services industry in Toronto.
* PowderJect Pharmaceuticals Inc., of Oxford, U.K., named Ronin Norris chief operating officer and president of the company's subsidiary, PowderJect technologies Ltd.
* PPL Therapeutics Inc., of Midlothian, Scotland, appointed Paul Rohricht U.S. business development manager at the company's Blacksburg, Va., headquarters.
* Q-Pharma Inc., of Edmonds, Wash., named Robert Masterson vice president of research and development.
* Quintiles Transnational Corp., of Research Triangle Park, N.C., named Garth Thompson vice president of Quintiles Medical Technology Consultants, Europe.
* Siga Pharmaceuticals Inc., of New York, appointed Walter Flamenbaum president and chief operating officer.
* Synsorb Biotech Inc., of Calgary, Alberta, named to its board E. Marvin Sokol, chief of gastroenterology at Huntington Hospital.
* Targeted Genetics Corp., of Seattle, appointed as chairman Jeremy Cook, director of International Biotechnology Trust plc.
* Terrapin Technologies Inc., of South San Francisco, made the following appointments: Hugo Villar, vice president of discovery technologies; Edgardo Laborde, associated director of combinatorial chemistry; Steven Schow, senior director of medicinal chemistry; and Robert Lum, associate director of medicinal chemistry.
* Texas Biotechnology Corp., of Houston, appointed to its board of directors Ron Anderson, president and CEO of Parkland Health & Hospital System.
* U.S. Bioscience Inc., of West Conshohocken, Pa., appointed C. Boyd Clarke CEO and named as chairman Allen Misher, president emeritus of the Philadelphia College of Pharmacy.