* Competitive Technologies Inc., of Fairfield, Conn., named Wil Jacques vice president of marketing.
* Connetics Corp., of Palo Alto, Calif., named John Higgins chief financial officer and vice president of finance and administration.
* Copernicus Gene Systems Inc., of Cleveland, made the following appointments: Robert Butz, president and CEO; Louis Walcer, senior vice president of marketing and business development; Mark Cooper, vice president of science and medical affairs; Charles Noland, vice president of corporate development; Jose Carlos-Perales, director of research; K. Megan Miller, director of finance and administration. It also named as chairman Joseph Ashley, chairman of ProCyte Corp., and as directors Allen Ford, consultant to the TransAction Group, and Glenn Corlett, dean of the school of business at Ohio University.
* Diversa Corp., of San Diego, appointed William Baum vice president of sales and marketing.
* EnzyMed Inc., of Iowa City, Iowa, appointed to its scientific advisory board Kent Kirk, professor of bacteriology at University of Wisconsin, Madison.
* Gene Logic Inc., of Columbia, Md., named Greg Lennon vice president of genomics.
* Genta Inc., of San Diego, appointed Kenneth Kasses president and CEO and named the following to its board of directors: chairman, Donald Drapkin, vice chairman of MacAndrews & Forbes Holdings Inc.; Glenn Cooper, president and CEO of Interneuron Pharmaceuticals Inc., of Lexington, Mass.; Bobby Sandage, vice president of research and development and chief scientific officer of Interneuron; Andrew Stein, chairman of Asia Pacific Holdings Corp.; Lawrence Kessel, a physician in private practice in Philadelphia; Peter Salomon, a physician in private practice in Boca Raton, Fla.; and Harlan Wakoff, of Furman Selz L.L.C.
* IDEC Pharmaceuticals Corp., of San Diego, appointed to its board of directors Robert Pangia, former vice president of PaineWebber Inc., of New York.
* Innovir Laboratories Inc., of New York, appointed Thomas Sharpe president and CEO.
* MediChem Research Inc., of Lemont, Ill., named Leonard Stach director of customer service.
* Mitotix Inc., of Cambridge, Mass., appointed Arthur Kluge vice president of drug discovery and Muzammil Mansuri vice president of research.
* NABI Inc., of Boca Raton, Fla., named to its board of directors Linda Jenckes, president of Linda Jenckes and Associates.
* Neose Technologies Inc., of Horsham, Pa., named Matthew Kremer director of business development.
* NitroMed Inc., of Bedford, Mass., appointed to its board of directors Blair Flicker, director of business development for Johnson & Johnson.
* Oncor Inc., of Gaithersburg, Md., named as chairman Jose Coronas, former president of Johnson & Johnson Clinical Diagnostics, and appointed Bernard Tyrrell vice president of marketing and sales.
* OncorMed Inc., of Gaithersburg, Md., appointed Joseph Vockley director of the gene characterization program.
* Pangea Systems Inc., of Oakland, Calif., appointed John Couch CEO.
* Pherin Pharmaceuticals, of Menlo Park, Calif., named Irwin Heyman senior vice president of product development.
* Procyon BioPharma Inc., of London, Ontario, made the following appointments: Douglas Alexander, senior vice president of finance and chief financial officer; Toney Ilenchuk, vice president of clinical and regulatory affairs; and Gregory Wade, director of corporate development.
* Quintiles Transnational Corp., Research Triangle Park, N.C., named Michael Balady senior executive director of regulatory affairs.
* Scios Inc., of Mountain View, Calif., appointed to its board of directors Charles Sanders, former chairman and CEO of Glaxo Inc.
* Shaman Pharmaceuticals Inc., of South San Francisco, appointed James Pennington senior vice president of clinical research and chief medical officer and Steven Porter senior director of medical affairs.
* Sparta Pharmaceuticals Inc., of Horsham, Pa., appointed Martin Rose vice president of clinical and regulatory affairs.
* Sunol Molecular Corp., of Miami, named Dean Taylor vice president of business development.
* Synteni Inc., of Fremont, Calif., appointed Howard Goldstein vice president of sales and customer services and Mark Schwartz vice president of marketing and business development.
* Techniclone Corp., of Tustin, Calif., appointed to its board of directors Marc Lippman, director of the Vincent T. Lombardi Cancer Center at Georgetown University Medical Center.
* 3-Dimensional Pharmaceuticals Inc., of Exton, Pa., appointed Michael Wassil vice president and chief financial officer.
* Trega Biosciences Inc., of San Diego, named Lawrence Muschek president of research and development.
* Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc., of Cambridge, Mass., named Andrew Marks patent counsel and James Feeney senior director of business development.