* Aurora Biosciences Corp., of La Jolla, Calif., appointed to its board of directors Roy Whitfield, CEO of Incyte Pharmaceuticals, of Palo Alto, Calif.
* Aviron, of Mountain View, Calif., named C. Jo White vice president of medical affairs.
* BioChem Pharma, of Quebec, made the following appointments: Francois Legault, vice president of investments and subsidiaries; Fred Andrew, chief financial officer; and Greg Arnsdorff, president of BioChem Immunosystems, a diagnostics subsidiary.
* Biogen Inc., of Cambridge, Mass., appointed John Conley treasurer and director of investor relations.
* Biotechnology Industry Organization, of Washington, named as vice president for food and agriculture Val Giddings, branch chief for science and policy coordination for the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
* Chiron Corp., of Emeryville, Calif., appointed Margaret Liu vice president of vaccines research.