* Activated Cell Therapy Inc., of Mountain View, Calif., appointed to its board of directors Gerado Canet, former chairman, president, and CEO of IntegraMed America, Inc.
* Anergen Inc., of Redwood City, Calif., appointed Michael Schulman, as vice president of medical affairs and David Mitchell as associate director of regulatory affairs.
* ProCyte Corp., of Kirkland, Wash., appointed Kenneth Green vice president of sales.
* RedCell Inc., of South San Francisco, appointed Mark Hirsch president and CEO.
* Sugen Inc., of Redwood City, Calif., named to its board of directors Jeremy Cook, a director at International Biotechnology Trust plc.
* SuperGen Inc., of Emeryville, Calif., appointed Frederick Grab vice president of pharmaceutical operations.
* Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc., of Cambridge, Mass., appointed to its board of directors Charles Sanders, former chairman and CEO of Glaxo Inc.