Monday's issue of BioWorld International covered the followingnews from around the world:
* European Union, European Commission and European Parliamentcontinue heated debates on biotech patent law development
* KS Biomedix Holdings plc, of London, strikes a deal to developsheep monoclonal antibodies with F Hoffman-La Roche, of Basel,Switzerland
* Researchers at the University of Dsseldorf and HepaVec, ofBerlin, target Wilson's disease for gene therapy
* Northern Ireland's first biotech start-up, Molecules to Market, ofBelfast, focuses on diagnostic tools at point of care
* Alizyme plc, of Cambridge, U.K., posts first results since floatation
* Luxembourg rapped over EU biotech law gap
* Microbics Corp., of Carlsbad, Calif., prepares for a move to theU.K.
* Genset, of Paris, and Janssen Pharmaceutica NV, of Beerse,Belgium, collaborate on discovery of genes that cause schizophrenia
Don't miss out on the world of news. To get your own copy ofBioWorld International, call (800) 879-8790. n
(c) 1997 American Health Consultants. All rights reserved.