* Advanced Tissue Sciences Inc., of San Diego, appointed to itsboard of directors Dayton Ogden, president of Spencer StuartWorldwide.
* Allelix Biopharmaceuticals Inc., of Toronto, appointed JamesHoward-Tripp vice president of business development.
* Amarillo Biosciences Inc., of Amarillo, Texas, appointed CharlesHughes executive vice president and chief financial officer andnamed to its board of directors Brian McLean, an advisor to WhaleSecurities Co. L.P., of New York.
* Amylin Pharmaceuticals Inc., of San Diego, appointed MaryTreuhaft vice president of regulatory affairs and quality assurance.
* Atlantic Pharmaceuticals Inc., of half Moon Bay, Calif., appointedStephen Miller senior vice president and chief scientific and medicalofficer and Margaret Schalk vice president of investor relations andproject management.
* Axiom Biotechnologies Inc., of San Diego, named James Lintondirector of business development and corporate communications.
* Beacon Diagnostics Inc., Foster City, Calif., appointed to its boardof directors: Charles Austin, investment counselor with Appletonpartners in Boston; Neil Flanzraich, of the law firm Heller EhrmanWhite & McAuliffe; and Emeka Nchekwube, a neurosurgeon in SanJose, Calif.
* BioChem Therapeutic Inc., a subsidiary of BioChem Pharma, ofLaval, Quebec, made the following appointments: Louise Proulx,vice president of clinical and medical affairs; Jean-Francois Bedard,director of finance and administration; Patricia Williams, vicepresident of preclinical development; Caroline Fortier, commercialdirector of business planning and development; and Christian Proulx,vice president of human resources and internal communications.
* Biogen Inc., of Cambridge, Mass., named to its board of directorsThomas Keller, professor of business administration at DukeUniversity in Durham, N.C.
* Biomatrix Inc., of Ridgefield, N.J., appointed Martin Jordandirector of international market development.
* Cambridge NeuroScience Inc., of Cambridge, Mass., appointedJerry Williamson director of marketing.
* Cantab Pharmaceuticals plc, of Cambridge, England, named JurekSikorski CEO and Paul Haycock non-executive vice chairman of theboard of directors.
* Chiron Corp., of Emeryville, Calif., appointed Magnus Lundbergpresident of Chiron Therapeutics and corporate vice president andBruce Scharschmidt vice president of clinical affairs for ChironTechnologies and corporate vice president.
* ClinTrials Research Inc., of Nashville, made the followingappointments: Andy Richardson, director of information services inthe U.K.; Robert Reekie, director of medical and regulatory affairs inthe U.K.; and Roger Rosenberg, director of strategic drugdevelopment for Europe.
* Cortech Inc., of Denver, named John Young vice president ofresearch and development.
* CytoMed Inc., of Cambridge, Mass., named to its board ofdirectors: Mark Skaletsky, president and CEO of GelTexPharmaceuticals Inc., of Waltham, Mass.; and Fred Kyle, managingdirector of Finisterre Management Corp.
* DepoTech Corp., of San Diego, appointed Williams Ettouati vicepresident of marketing and business development and Linda Paradisovice president of clinical development.
* Digital Gene Technologies Inc., of La Jolla, Calif., named DonaldSeto associate director of automation technology.
* Dupont Merck Pharmaceutical Co., of Wilmington, Del., appointedRobert Stein executive vice president of research and preclinicaldevelopment.
* Dyax Corp., of Cambridge, Mass., made the followingappointments: Charles Wescott and Fayelle Whelihan, seniorscientists; and Jozef Oleksyszyn and Xinhua Li, senior chemists.
* Elan Corp., of Athlone, Ireland, named as chairman Donal Geaney,the company's president and CEO.
* Emisphere Technologies Inc., of Hawthorne, N.Y., named JohnSmart vice president of research.
* Endorex Corp., of Fargo, N.D., formerly ImmunoTherapeutics Inc.,named to its board of directors Kenneth Tempero, chairman and CEOof MGI Pharma, of Minnetonka, Minn.
* Ergo Science Corp., of Boston, appointed Ronald Abrahams actingCEO.
* GalaGen Inc., of Arden Hills, Minn., named John Watson chiefoperating officer.
* Gene Logic Inc., of Columbia, Md., named Eric Eastman vicepresident of scientific operations.
* Genome Therapeutics Corp., of Waltham, Mass., named GregoryHamm vice president of bioinformatics and Jen-i Mao vice presidentof genomics and technology development.
* Genomica Corp., of Cold Spring Harbor, N.Y., appointed to itsscientific advisory board: Thomas Marr, founder of the company andhead of computational molecular biology and genetics department atCold Spring Harbor Laboratory; Aravinda Chakravarti, professor ofgenetics at Case Western University in Cleveland; Uta Francke,investigator of the Howard Hughes Medical Institute and professor ofgenetics at Stanford University School of Medicine in Palo Alto,Calif.; William Pearson, professor of biochemistry at the Universityof Virginia in Charlottesville, Va.; and Gary Stormo, associateprofessor of molecular, cellular and development biology atUniversity of Colorado in Boulder.
* Genset Corp., of La Jolla, Calif., a subsidiary of Genset SA, ofParis, appointed Audrey Keane vice president of businessdevelopment.
(c) 1997 American Health Consultants. All rights reserved.