* Genome Therapeutics Corp., of Waltham, Mass., named BerndSeizinger executive vice president and chief scientific officer.
* Imclone Systems Inc., of New York, appointed Peter Bohlen vicepresident of research.
* Insmed Pharmaceuticals Inc., of Richmond, Va., named to its boardof directors Gustav Christensen, chairman of Alpha-BetaTechnology, of Worcester, Mass.
* IntraBiotics Pharmaceuticals Inc., of Sunnyvale, Calif., named aschairman Jane Shaw, formerly president of Alza Corp., of Palo Alto,Calif., and appointed as a member of the board of directors DeniseGilbert, chief financial officer of Incyte Pharmaceuticals Inc., of PaloAlto.
* La Jolla Pharmaceutical Co., of San Diego, named to its board ofdirectors, Leigh Thompson, a professor of medicine at IndianaUniversity in Bloomington, Ind., and former chief scientific officer ofEli Lilly and Co. in Indianapolis.
* Magainin Pharmaceuticals Inc., of Plymouth Meeting, Pa., namedto its board of directors: Charles Sanders, former chairman and CEOof Glaxo Inc., of Research Triangle Park, N.C.; Robert Shapiro,president of RFS & Associates, a private investment and consultingfirm; and James Wyngaarden, former foreign secretary of theNational Academy of Sciences and Institute of Medicine.
* Molecumetics Ltd., of Seattle, named Paul Shea vice president ofclinical development and John Harlan vice president of biology.
* Myriad Genetics Laboratories Inc., of Salt Lake City, appointedDavid Berryman vice president of sales and marketing and JohnHolmen vice president of informatics.
* Paradigm Biosciences Inc., of Salt Lake City, named to its board ofdirectors Max Link, formerly an executive with Sandoz Ltd., ofBasel, Switzerland.
* Pharmacopeia Inc., of Princeton, N.J., named Clark Still, a co-inventor of the company's technology, as full-time head of advancedtechnology research in combinatorial chemistry.
* Progenitor Inc., of Columbus, Ohio, which is a subsidiary ofInterneuron Pharmaceuticals Inc., of Lexington, Mass., named MarkBagnall vice president and chief financial officer.
* Quintiles Transnational Corp., of Research Triangle Park, N.C.,named John Bradley vice president of finance.
* RiboGene Inc., of Hayward, Calif., appointed to its board ofdirectors Digby Barrios, formerly an executive of BoehringerIngelheim GmbH, of Ingelheim, Germany.
* SIBIA Neurosciences Inc., of La Jolla, Calif., named DavidMcClure vice president of clinical development and regulatoryaffairs.
* SunPharm Corp., of Jacksonville, Fla., appointed as chairmanPhilip Tracy, former president and CEO of Burroughs Wellcome Co.in Research Triangle Park, N.C., and named as a member of theboard of directors Jerry Jackson, former executive vice president ofMerck & Co. Inc., of Whitehouse Station, N.J.
* Techniclone International Corp., of Tustin, Calif., made thefollowing appointments: Elizabeth Gorbett-Frost, vice president offinance and administration; Kenneth Berger, vice president ofscientific and regulatory affairs; Ronald Baker, vice president ofproduct development; Ashot Petrossian, director of production andprocess development; Sonya Karsik, director of regulatory affairs andquality assurance; Susan Bain, director of quality control.
* U.S. Bioscience Inc., of West Conshohocken, Pa., appointed BoydClarke president and chief operating officer.
* VIMRx Pharmaceuticals Inc., of Wilmington, Del., appointedDavid Jackson executive vice president and chief scientific officer.
* Visible Genetics Inc., of Toronto, appointed Alan Seadler vicepresident of test development and reagent production.
(c) 1997 American Health Consultants. All rights reserved.