* AtheroGenics Inc., of Norcross, Ga., appointed J. Connor Seabrookto the new position of director of finance.
* Biometric Imaging Inc., of Mountain View, Calif., appointedChristopher English as president.
* Cell Genesys Inc., of Foster City, Calif., elected James Gower as adirector. He was president and CEO of Tularik Inc.
* Cell Therapeutics Inc., of Seattle, appointed Lee Parker as vicepresident, investor relations.
* Cyanotech Corp., of Kailua-Kona, Hawaii, named Brent Kunimotovice president, sales and marketing.
* GelTex Pharmaceuticals Inc., of Waltham, named Timothy Noyesto the new position of director of marketing.
* Genetic Therapy Inc., a Gaithersburg, Md., subsidiary of SandozLtd., said Rachel King will succeed M. James Barrett as CEO onAug. 31, 1996. She has served in a number of positions since joiningGenetic Therapy in 1989.
* Gensia Inc., of San Diego, appointed Martha Hough division vicepresident, finance and corporate communications.
* Gilead Sciences Inc., of Foster City, Calif., appointed JamesRooney as vice president, clinical affairs, and Alan Taylor as vicepresident, drug assessment.
* Gliatech Inc., of Cleveland, appointed Jon Schoeler as vicepresident, sales and marketing.
* Pangaea Pharmaceuticals Inc., of Cambridge, Mass., elected AndreLamotte as chairman of the board. He is managing general partner ofMedical Science Partners L.P. and director of Medical SciencePartners, the venture capital group founded by Harvard University.
* Progenics Pharmaceuticals Inc., of Tarrytown, N.Y., appointedDavid Golde and John Mendelsohn to its scientific advisory board.Golde is physician-in-chief at Memorial Sloan-Kettering CancerCenter and professor of medicine at Cornell University MedicalCollege, as well as holding other positions. Mendelsohn is presidentof the University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center.
* Quidel Corp., of San Diego, said stockholders re-elected eightboard members and elected one new member, Margaret McGlynn.She is senior vice president of health strategies at Merck-MedcoManaged Care.
(c) 1997 American Health Consultants. All rights reserved.