* Activated Cell Therapy Inc., of Mountain View, Calif., appointedNancy Mahoney Cohen as general counsel.
* Celgene Corp., of Warren, N.J., appointed Robert Butler as seniorvice president and chief financial officer.
* Cell Genesys Inc., of Foster City, Calif., promoted Mitchell Finer tovice president of research; Bridget Binko, vice president ofregulatory affairs; David Broad, vice president of processdevelopment; and Christine McKinley, vice president of humanresources.
* GalaGen Inc., of Arden Hills, Minn., appointed Harry Greene asvice president of medical affairs.
* Gene Logic Inc., of Columbia, Md., hired Mark Gessler as seniorvice president, corporate development, and chief financial officer.
* GeneMedicine Inc., of The Woodlands, Texas, appointed ThomasRossing to vice president, clinical and regulatory affairs, a newposition.
* Genetics Institute Inc., of Cambridge, Mass., elected AnthonyEvnin as chairman. Evnin, a general partner of Venrock Associates,has been on the board since December 1980. He replaces BennoSchmidt, the company's first and only chairman, who retired.
* Gensia Inc., of San Diego, hired Gene Tutwiler as executive vicepresident of research and development.
* ImmunoTherapeutics Inc., of Fargo, N.D., appointed Steve Kanzerto its board. Kanzer is a senior managing director of ParamountCapital Inc. and Paramount Capital Investments LLC, both affiliatesof The Aries Funds, ImmunoTherapeutics' majority stockholder.
* Matrix Pharmaceutical Inc., of Fremont, Calif., appointed SandraCartie to the new position of vice president, corporate development.
* Neurex Corp., of Menlo Park, Calif., appointed John Ames as vicepresident, finance, and chief financial officer. He replaces BradfordWait, who will retire.
* PerSeptive Biosystems Inc., of Framingham, Mass., appointed John(Jack) Smith as president.
* Scios Inc., of Mountain View, Calif., appointed RobertoRosenkranz to executive vice president and chief operating officer.
* Techniclone International Inc., of Tustin, Calif., named CarmeloSantoro to its board of directors. Currently he is chairman of SiliconSystems Inc. and Platinum Software Co.
* Tularik Inc., of South San Francisco, elected Robert Swanson aschairman of the board. He is founder and chairman of Genentech Inc.
* Vical Inc., of San Diego, elected Blake Ingle to its board. Mostrecently he was CEO of the gene therapy company Canji Inc.
* Vyrex Corp., of San Diego, named Gail Gillenwater vice presidentof clinical and regulatory affairs. Also, the company named DannieKing president and chief operating officer. Most recently King heldthose positions at Maxim Pharmaceuticals.
(c) 1997 American Health Consultants. All rights reserved.