* Cortex Pharmaceuticals Inc., of Irvine, Calif., appointed VincentSimmon president and CEO.
* CytoTherapeutics Inc., of Providence, R.I., appointed to its boardof directors Peter Simon, formerly head of pharmaceutical operationsat Roche Holding Ltd., of Basel, Switzerland.
* GeneMedicine Inc., of The Woodlands, Texas, named as chairmanStanley Crooke, who is chairman and CEO of Isis PharmaceuticalsInc., of Carlsbad, Calif.
* InSite Vision Inc., of Alameda, Calif., appointed the following toits board of directors: Mitchell Friedlaender, director of cornea andrefractive surgery in the ophthalmology division of Scripps Clinicand Research Foundation, of La Jolla, Calif.; Grant Inman, managinggeneral partner of Inman & Bowman, of San Francisco; and JohnLucas, a biopharmaceutical industry consultant.
* Life Medical Sciences Inc., of Princeton, N.J., named RobertHickey president and CEO.
* T Cell Sciences Inc., of Needham, Mass., made the followingappointments: James Grant, CEO; Una Ryan, president and chiefoperating officer; and Norman Gorin, vice president of finance andchief financial officer.
Gelman Sciences Inc., of Ann Arbor, Mich., named George Uvegeschief financial officer and vice president of administration.
ChemTrak Inc., of Sunnyvale, Calif., appointed Edward Covellpresident and chief operating officer.
Immunex Corp., of Seattle, named Leonard Stevens to senior vicepresident of marketing and business development.
Synbiotics Corp., of San Diego, appointed Kenneth Cohen CEO.
L.A.B. Biopharmaceutical Research International Inc., ofWilmington, N.C., named Richard Musselman head of globalbusiness development.
(c) 1997 American Health Consultants. All rights reserved.