* Digital Gene Technologies Inc., of La Jolla, Calif., named FloydBloom and Wayne Frankel to its scientific advisory board. Bloom ischairman of the department of neuropharmacology at The ScrippsInstitute and editor-in-chief of Science magazine. Frankel is a staffscientist at the Jackson Laboratory.
* Geron Corp., of Menlo Park, Calif., appointed Eric Lander to itsscientific advisory board. He is director of biology at theMassachusetts Institute of Technology and director of the WhiteheadInstitute/MIT Center for Genome Research.
* Hybridon Inc., of Worcester, Mass., appointed Darlene Vanstone aspatent counsel.
* IBAH Inc., of Blue Bell, Pa., elected Edwin Bescherer to its boardof directors. He had been chief financial officer at The Dun &Bradstreet Corp. for the past 14 years.
* ImmuDyne Inc., of Houston, added five members to its board:Linda Marshall, president of Elysee Cosmetics; Robert Nakamura,chairman emeritus and consultant at The Scripps Clinic and ResearchFoundation's Department of Pathology; William Randall, CEO andowner of the spa company, Randall International; Fronie Shelton,former vice president of Shelton Ranch; and William Sherill,executive professor at the University of Houston's Center forEntrepreneurship & Innovation.
* Oncor Inc., of Gaithersburg, Md., appointed Cecil Kost as presidentand CEO. Kost was a senior vice president at Curtin MathesonScientific Inc.
* Scios Inc., of Mountain View, Calif., elected Burton Sobel to itsboard. Sobel is professor and chair, Department of Medicine, at theUniversity of Vermont Medical School.
* Sepracor Inc., of Marlborough, Mass., hired Paul Rubin as seniorvice president of drug development.
* Sequana Therapeutics Inc., of La Jolla, Calif., elected HowardPalefsky to its board. He is chairman and CEO of Collagen Corp.
* Somatogen Inc., of Boulder, Colo., said Bernadine Healy joined theboard of directors. She is dean of the College of Medicine andprofessor of internal medicine at Ohio State University andimmediate past director of the National Institutes of Health.
(c) 1997 American Health Consultants. All rights reserved.