* Aastrom Biosciences Inc., of Ann Arbor, Mich., named Alan Smithvice president of research.
* Amylin Pharmaceuticals Inc., of San Diego, appointed MaurizioDenaro senior vice president of research.
* Biocircuits Corp., of Sunnyvale, Calif., appointed Jeffrey Greenvice president of quality assurance and regulatory affairs.
* Celgene Corp., of Warren, N.J., appointed John Jackson chairmanand CEO.
* Centocor Inc., of Malvern, Pa., named Aris Petropolous vicepresident of marketing and business development for the company'sdiagnostics division.
* ClinTrials Research Inc., of Nashville, Tenn., named PeterMotteram assistant general manager.
* Connective Therapeutics Inc., of Palo Alto, Calif., appointedCynthia Butitta vice president of finance and administration and chieffinancial officer.
* CytoTherapeutics Inc., of Providence, R.I., named to its board ofdirectors Patrick Aebischer, director of the Gene Therapy Center atCentre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, in Switzerland.
* DNX Corp., of Raritan, N.J., named to its board of directors LeighThompson, retired chief scientific officer of Eli Lilly & Co., ofIndianapolis.
* Fuisz Technologies Ltd., of Chantilly, Va., appointed JamesWilcox vice president and general counsel.
* Genome Therapeutics Corp., of Waltham, Mass., named PeterLomedico vice president of human genetic research.
* Gliatech Inc., of Cleveland, appointed Jan Hoes European generalmanager.
* Goodwin Biotechnology Inc., of Plantation, Fla., appointed GeorgeKoch vice president of manufacturing.
* Idec Pharmaceuticals Corp., of San Diego, appointed AntonioGrillo-Lopez senior vice president of medical and regulatory affairs.
* Immunex Corp., of Seattle, appointed Kenneth Seamon senior vicepresident of scientific development.
* Inhale Therapeutic Systems Inc., of Palo Alto, Calif., appointed toits board of directors Melvin Perelman, retired executive vicepresident of Eli Lilly and Co., of Indianapolis.
* La Jolla Pharmaceutical Co., of San Diego, named Wood Erwin asvice president of finance and chief financial officer.
* Mercator Genetics Inc., of Menlo Park, Calif., named Elliott Sigalpresident and CEO.
* Metra Biosystems Inc., of Mountain View, Calif., named KurtAmundson vice president and chief financial officer.
* Oceanix Biosciences Corp., of Hanover, Md., appointed AlanChmurny vice president and group director of research anddevelopment.
* Oncor Inc., of Gaithersburg, Md., named Kenneth Culver directorof gene therapy research and clinical affairs for the company'ssubsidiary, OncorPharm.
* Onyx Pharmaceuticals Inc., of Richmond, Calif., named PatrickTrown vice president of product development.
* Pharmaco International Inc., of Austin, Texas, named James Burnssenior vice president of regulatory affairs, Joanne Bell vice presidentof clinical development services operations, David Boone vicepresident of finance, Paulette Stepp vice president of information andhuman resources and David Ng vice president of data management.
* Ribozyme Pharmaceuticals Inc., of Boulder, Colo., appointedLawrence Bullock chief financial officer and vice president offinance and administration.
* SciClone Pharmaceuticals Inc., of San Mateo, Calif., namedDonald Sellers president.
* Shaman Pharmaceuticals Inc., of South San Francisco, appointedJacqueline Cossmon vice president of corporate communications.
* Terrapin Technologies Inc., of South San Francisco, named SharonTetlow vice president and chief financial officer.
(c) 1997 American Health Consultants. All rights reserved.