* Aronex Pharmaceuticals Inc., of The Woodlands, Texas, receivedabout $4.5 million from the exercise of warrants related to aredemption announced in October. The warrants were issued inconjunction with the 1995 merger with Oncologix Inc.
* Interneuron Pharmaceuticals Inc., of Lexington, Mass., acquired allthe remaining shares of CPEC Inc. that its majority-ownedsubsidiary, Intercardia Inc., doesn't already hold. Intercardia inSeptember 1994 purchased 80 percent of CPEC, which is developingbucindolol for congestive heart failure. Interneuron estimates the costfor the remaining shares to be $7 million to $8 million.
* Lidak Pharmaceuticals, of La Jolla, Calif., started two Phase IIstudies in HIV patients evaluating Lidakol as a topical treatment forKaposi's sarcoma cutaneous lesions and Molluscum contagiosum.
* Procept Inc., of Cambridge, Mass., said Thursday it registered tosell 2.2 million shares in a public offering. Its stock(NASDAQ:PRCY) closed unchanged at $3.20. CommonwealthAssociates, of New York, is managing the offering.
* Rhone-Poulenc Rorer Inc., of Collegeville, Pa., and the NationalSurgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project _ a clinical trials groupbased in Pittsburgh _ started a new trial of Taxotere to determine ifthe anticancer agent can improve disease-free survival time andsurvival time of women with operable breast cancer.
* StressGen Biotechnologies Corp., of Victoria, British Columbia,said published preclinical experiments indicate a geneticallyengineered hybrid molecule, in which a stress protein was combinedwith the protein of a specific virus, stimulated cellular response andantibody immune responses in mice. The responses were maintainedmore than one year.
* Techniclone International Corp., of Tustin, Calif., and AlphaTherapeutic Corp., the U.S. subsidiary of Green Cross Corp., ofOsaka, Japan, started enrolling patients in a Phase III trial of Lym-1(Oncolym) in cancer patients with intermediate to high-grade B celllymphoma who are refractory to multi-drug chemotherapy. Trials ofthe antibody ultimately are expected to include 130 patients and 20sites.
(c) 1997 American Health Consultants. All rights reserved.