* Angiogenesis Technologies Inc., of Vancouver, BritishColumbia, was granted an exclusive worldwide licensefrom the University of California at Los Angeles tocertain technology for the use of paclitaxel in thetreatment of rheumatoid arthritis and similar conditions.
* MDS Health Group Ltd., of Toronto, purchased PanlabsInternational Inc., a Seattle-based contract researchorganization.
* Oncogene Science Inc., of Uniondale, N.Y., completedthe sale of its Research Products Business to Calbiochem-Novabiochem International Inc., of San Diego, for $6million and other considerations.
* Alteon Inc., of Ramsey, N.J., adopted a stockholderrights plan. It was not in response to a specific takeoverproposal, the company said.
* Oncor Inc., of Gaithersburg, Md., was awarded a$750,000 small business innovation research grant for themolecular analysis of human telomeres.
* Medco Research Inc., of Research Triangle Park, N.C.,said its partner, Fujisawa USA, sent its first shipment ofAdenoscan, a drug that helps in the diagnosis of coronaryartery disease.
* Vysis Inc., of Downers Grove, Ill., signed a multi-yearagreement with Fujisawa Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd., ofOsaka, Japan, granting Fujisawa exclusive marketingrights to the Vysis line of genomic information productsin Japan.
(c) 1997 American Health Consultants. All rights reserved.