* Carrington Laboratories Inc., of Irving, Texas, appointed CarltonTurner president and CEO and David Hinchey, director of consumer,dental and veterinary products and Linda Miller, manager advertisingand promotion.
* Celtrix Pharmaceuticals Inc., of Santa Clara, Calif., appointedAndreas Sommer president and CEO and David Rosen vice presidentof research and development. James Thomas, who is managingdirector of New York-based E.M. Warburg Pincus & Co., was namedchairman of Celtrix.
* Chiron Corp., of Emeryville, Calif., appointed Pablo Valenzuelapresident of Chiron Diagnostics.
* Curative Technologies Inc., of East Setauket, N.Y., named JohnVakoutis president and CEO.
* GalaGen Inc., of Arden Hills, Minn., appointed Peter Gray vicepresident of research and development and Christopher Searcy vicepresident of business development.
* GeneMedicine Inc., of The Woodlands, Texas, named LeighThompson, former chief scientific officer of Indianapolis-based EliLilly and Co., to the board of directors.
* ImmuCell Corp., of Portland, Maine, named John McKernan, whois a former governor of Maine, to the board of directors.
* Immunex Corp., of Seattle, named Robert Bettencourt vicepresident of sales.
* Ixsys Inc., of San Diego, appointed Peter Simon, former head ofpharmaceutical operations for Switzerland-based Roche HoldingsLtd., to the board of directors.
* Liposome Technology Inc., of Menlo Park, Calif., made thefollowing appointments: Donald Stewart, vice president of finance;Joseph Vallner, senior vice president of research and development;Anthony Huang, vice president of product development; PeterWorking, vice president of preclinical research; David DeLong,senior director of sales; and Anthony Goosmann, senior director ofmarketing.
* Megabios Corp., of Burlingame, Calif., appointed RajuKucherlapati, who is chairman of molecular genetics at AlbertEinstein College of Medicine in New York, to the board of directors.
* MesaGnostics Inc., of La Jolla, Calif., named Susan Burgesspresident and CEO.
* Metasyn Inc., of Cambridge, Mass., named James Farina seniordirector of chemical and analytical development.
* OncorMed Inc., of Gaithersburg, Md., appointed Leslie Alexandrevice president of corporate affairs.
* Onyx Pharmaceuticals, of Richmond, Calif., appointed WilliamGerber vice president of business development.
* Pharma Mar, S.A., of Madrid, named Jose Jimeno vice president ofclinical research and development and Glynn Faircloth vice presidentof preclinical research and development.
* Procept Inc., of Cambridge, Mass., named Max Link, former CEOof Bermuda-based Corange Ltd., to the board of directors.
* Systemix Inc., of Palo Alto, Calif., appointed Christopher Juttnervice president of medical affairs.
* Target Therapeutics Inc., of Fremont, Calif., named RobertMcNamara vice president of finance and administration and chieffinancial officer.
* Trimeris Inc., of Research Triangle Park, N.C., appointed SamuelHopkins director of drug development and Mohmed Anwer seniorprincipal investigator and peptide synthesis group leader.
* Vetalife Inc., a subsidiary of Atlanta-based CytRx Corp., namedBernard Murphy vice president of research and development.
(c) 1997 American Health Consultants. All rights reserved.