* Geron Corp., of Menlo Park, Calif., appointed Daniel Levitt to thenew position of vice president of development and chief medicalofficer.
* ICAgen Inc., of Research Triangle Park, N.C., named RichardReichow vice president of finance and chief financial officer.
* Magainin Pharmaceuticals Inc., of Plymouth Meeting, Pa., electedZola Horovitz to its board of directors. Horovitz formerly was anexecutive vice president of Bristol-Myers Squibb Co.
* Somatix Therapy Corp., of Alameda, Calif., appointed John Pottsto its board of directors. He has held at positions at MassachusettsGeneral Hospital and Harvard Medical School since 1981.
* Texas Biotechnology Co., of Houston, hired Richard Schwartz asvice president, clinical development and regulatory affairs.
* The Liposome Co. Inc., of Princeton, N.J., hired Donald Yarson asvice president, marketing and sales.
* Trimeris Inc., of Durham, N.C., named Matthew Megaro as chieffinancial officer. Also, Michael Recny was named director ofbiochemical sciences.
(c) 1997 American Health Consultants. All rights reserved.