* ICN Pharmaceuticals Inc., of Costa Mesa, Calif., appointed thefollowing to its worldwide pharmaceutical marketing group: JohnJulian, vice president of the group; Larry Johnson, vice president ofstrategic pharmaceutical marketing; and David Deere, antiviralproduct group director. The company also appointed James Wallvice president and corporate treasurer.
* Nextran, of Princeton, N.J., named Ramesh Kumar senior directorof business development.
* Carrington Laboratories Inc., of Irving, Texas, appointed DavidShand executive vice president of research and development.
* Pharmacopeia Inc., of Princeton, N.J., named Lewis Shuster chieffinancial officer.
* Trimeris Inc., of Durham, N.C., appointed M. Ross Johnson chiefscientific officer and vice president of research and development.
* Repligen Corp., of Cambridge, Mass., named Avery Catlin chieffinancial officer.
* MicroGeneSys Inc., of Meriden, Conn., made the followinginterim appointments: William Narwold, chairman of the board ofdirectors; Arnold Finestone, CEO; and Robert Scherrer, president.The company also named Gale Smith vice president and chiefscientific officer.
* Symphony Pharmaceuticals, of Malvern, Pa., named RichardMeibach vice president of research and development.
* Igen Inc., of Rockville, Md., appointed Richard Pytelewski vicepresident of operations.
* Prototek Inc., of Dublin, Calif., named Vincent Simmon president,CEO and chairman of the board of directors.
* Cephalon Inc., of West Chester, Pa., appointed Efraim Shek vicepresident of pharmaceutics and analytical chemistry and GeorgeMcCormick senior director of drug safety and metabolism.
* British Biotech plc, of Oxford, England, named John Raisman non-executive chairman of the company.
(c) 1997 American Health Consultants. All rights reserved.