* Allergan Ligand Retinoid Therapeutics Inc., of San Diego, namedto its board of directors Harry Hixson, formerly president and chiefoperating officer of Amgen Inc., of Thousand, Oaks, Calif.
* Cantab Pharmaceuticals Inc., of Cambridge, England, appointed toits board of directors Michael Redmond, formerly managing directorof the pharmaceutical division of Fisons plc, of London.
* Cubist Pharmaceuticals Inc., of Cambridge, Mass., named NealFarber vice president of corporate development.
* Genelabs Technologies Inc., of Redwood City, Calif., appointedDebra Bannister vice president of corporate communications andinvestor relations and Cristopher McReynolds director of businessdevelopment.
* Inspire Pharmaceuticals Inc., of Durham, N.C., named to its boardof directors W. Leigh Thompson, formerly chief scientific officer atEli Lilly and Co., of Indianapolis, and currently professor ofmedicine at Indiana University in Bloomington.
ProScript Inc., of Cambridge, Mass., appointed David Lubner vicepresident of finance and chief financial officer.
MGI Pharma Inc., of Minneapolis Inc., named Charles Blitzerpresident and CEO.
Aurora Biosciences Corp., of La Jolla, Calif., appointed PaulGrayson director of business development.
Protein Polymer Technologies Inc., of San Diego, appointed to itsboard of directors Edward Hartnett, formerly an executive withJohnson & Johnson, of New Brunswick, N.J.
Therexsys Ltd., of Keele, U.K., named to its board of directors DavidGibbons, formerly chairman and managing director of the U.K.headquarters of Abbott Laboratories, of Abbott Park, Ill.
La Jolla Pharmaceutical Co., of San Diego, appointed BonnieHepburn vice president of clinical development.
Genzyme Corp., of Cambridge, Mass., named F. Ken Andrews vicepresident of sales and marketing for the Tissue Repair division.
Magainin Pharmaceuticals Inc., of Plymouth Meeting, Pa., appointedPaul Litka senior vice president of clinical research and regulatoryaffairs.
BioChem Pharma, of Laval, Quebec, named Charles Tessier vicepresident of legal affairs and corporate secretary and Claude Vezeaupresident of Biochem's vaccine subsidiary, IAF BioVac Inc..
MacroMed Inc., of Salt Lake City, appointed Steven Hamiltonpresident and chief operating officer.
Dianon Systems Inc., of Stratford, Conn., named Kevin Johnsonpresident.
Genentech Inc., of South San Francisco, appointed Robert Arathoonvice president of process sciences.
Medarex Inc., of Annandale, N.J., named Randall Curnow senior vicepresident and medical director.
Collagen Corp., of Palo Alto, Calif., appointed Pierre Comte CEO ofthe company's subsidiary, LipoMatrix Inc.; Becky Stirn, vicepresident of global marketing strategy for Collagen; and CharleneAndros, general counsel and assistant secretary for Collagen.
Bio-Technology General Corp., of Iselin, N.J., named Ernest Kellysenior vice president of quality assurance and Norman Barton vicepresident of medical affairs.
Middlesex Sciences Inc., of Norwood, Mass., appointed CarolynPatrick president and CEO.
Quidel Corp., of San Diego, named Elliot Werber vice president ofsales and marketing.
Corvas International Inc., of San Diego, appointed Randall Woodspresident and CEO.
Biosource Technologies Inc., of Vacaville, Calif., named Bruce Boydexecutive vice president.
Kendle Inc., of Cincinnati, Ohio, named William Sietsema director ofclinical research for skeletal diseases and inflammation.
Ergo Science Corp., of Boston, appointed Judy Newberne director ofregulatory affairs.
Ribozyme Pharmaceuticals Inc., of Boulder, Colo., named NassimUsman vice president of research.
Myriad Genetics Inc., of Salt Lake City, appointed to its board ofdirectors Wolfgang Hartwig, senior vice president of research forBayer Corp., of Pittsburgh, the U.S. subsidiary of Bayer AG, ofLeverkusen, Germany.
Advanced Magnetics Inc., of Cambridge, Mass., named JamesMatheson vice president of finance.
(c) 1997 American Health Consultants. All rights reserved.