• Michael Howley was named VP/GM of global sales and marketing for Abiomed (Danvers, Massachusetts). Howley previously worked in sales for GE Healthcare. Abiomed makes heart recovery products.
• Eric Walters has resigned as CFO of AdvanSource Biomaterials (Wilmington, Massachusetts). The company named David Volpe as interim CFO. AdvanSource Biomaterials makes advanced polymer materials.
• Ronald Ede was named CFO of Mindray Medical International (Shenzhen, China), effective May 1. Ede served as chair of the board's audit committee from September 2006 through June 2008, when he took a management position with the company as group VP of international operations. Mindray specializes in three primary business segments: patient monitoring & life support products, in vitro diagnostic products and medical imaging systems.
• Shaun Lonergan was named CEO and member of the board of Nerites (Madison, Wisconsin). Most recently, Lonergan was VP of sales, marketing, and business development for Ibis Biosciences. Nerites makes synthetic bio-adhesives that can enhance natural tissue repair, reduce postoperative complications, and degrade safely when they are no longer needed.
• William Tidmore was named chairman of Orthovita (Malvern, Pennsylvania). Tidmore has served as a member of Orthovita's board since 2007 and has more than 20 years of experience in the spine and orthopedic industry. Orthovita is an orthobiologics and biosurgery company.
• Gregory Baumli was named senior VP of manufacturing for RoundTable Healthcare Partners (Lake Forest, Illinois). Baumli has more than 25 years of experience in medical device manufacturing most recently having responsibility for a global network of manufacturing locations with over $1 billion in value of production.
RoundTable Healthcare Partners is a private equity firm focused exclusively on the healthcare industry.