* Agennix Inc., of Houston, named Martin Terry vice president of regulatory affairs.
* Alza Corp., of Palo Alto, Calif., named Mary Bordeaux sales and marketing group vice president of health systems.
* Ambi Inc., of Tarrytown, N.Y., appointed to its board of directors George Benson, dean of the Terry College of Business, and Simon Selig, chairman for Economic Growth at the University of Georgia. Steven Morvay was named vice president of marketing and sales.
* Amgen Inc., of Thousand Oaks, Calif., named George Vandeman senior vice president, corporate development.
* Angeion Corp., of Minneappolis, appointed James Hickey president and CEO.
* Atlantic Pharmaceuticals Inc., of Raleigh, N.C., named Robert Fildes interim president and CEO.
* Aurora Biosciences Corp., of San Diego, named Michel Dunn vice president of business development and Thomas Klopack senior vice president of strategic operations.
* Avigen Inc., of Alameda, Calif., named to its medical and scientific advisory board Mark Kay, an associate professor of Stanford University School of Medicine.
* Biopool International Inc., of Ventura, Calif., appointed Clayton Duke vice president of marketing and business development.
* BioReliance Corp., of Rockville, Md., appointed Michael Wiebe chief scientific officer.
* Cell Pathways Inc., of Horsham, Pa., named Joseph Thompson vice president of research, Lloyd Glenn vice president of marketing and Douglas Burcz director of product management.
* Cel-Sci Corp., of Vienna, Va., named to its scientific advisory board Edmund Tramont, professor and director of the Maryland Biotechnology Center.
* Cephalon Inc., of West Chester, Pa., appointed the following: James Cappola, vice president of medical affairs; Colin Markland, senior medical director for Europe; John Mallamo, vice president of drug discovery; Craig Dionne, vice president of oncology; Richard Scott, vice president of neurobiology; John Dawson, country manager for the U.K. and senior director of finance for Europe; and John Farah, senior director of business development.
* Cepheid Inc., of Sunnyvale, Calif., said Gregory Kovacs, scientific advisory board head, will join the company while on a one-year leave from Stanford University.
* Cholestech Corp., of Hayward, Calif., appointed Robert Dominici executive vice president.
* Cistron Biotechnology Inc., of Pine Brook, N.Y., appointed Bruce Galton chairman and CEO and named to its board of directors Franklin Iris, founder of Iris & Associates.