* Immunex Corp., of Seattle, named Leroy Hood and Donald Armstrong to its physicians' advisory board.
* Imutec Pharma Inc., of Toronto, appointed Guy Ely as vice president, clinical and medical affairs.
* Inflazyme Pharmaceuticals Ltd., of Vancouver, Canada, named to its board of directors Jeremy Curnock Cook, the current director of Rothschild Asset Management Ltd.
* Innovir Laboratories Inc., of New York and Wilmington, Del., named Francis O'Connell chief financial officer; the company also named Stanley Knowlton, the current president of Knowlton Brothers Inc., to its board of directors.
* Integra Life Sciences Corp., of Plainsboro, N.J., appointed David Holtz vice president, treasurer; Simon Archibald, program director of neurological devices; and promoted Don Nociolo from the director, manufacturing, to the vice president, manufacturing operations.
* Labopharm Inc., of Montreal, named Donald Buxton as president and CEO of the company.
* Lidak Pharmaceuticals, of La Jolla, Calif., promoted James Berg from director of clinical affairs and product development to the new position of vice president of clinical affairs and product development.
* LifeCell Corp., of The Woodlands, Texas, named J. Donald Payne vice president, chief financial officer and secretary.
* Ligand Pharmaceuticals Inc., of San Diego, named Russell Allen vice president, corporate development and strategic planning.
* LXR Biotechnology Inc., of Richmond, Calif., named Jerilyn Domagala director of regulatory affairs and John Statler as director of analytical chemistry, quality assurance/quality control, to manage clinical development initiatives.
* Maxim Pharmaceuticals Inc., of San Diego, appointed Edward Kirk to the newly created position of senior director of clinical and regulatory affairs.
* Megabios Corp., of Burlingame, Calif., appointed Abdul Abbas to its scientific advisory board.
* MorphoSys GmbH, of Munich, Germany, named Jurgen Drews, president of global research for Hoffmann-La Roche Inc., to its board of directors.
* National Center for Genome Resources, of Santa Fe, N.M., appointed to its board of directors Steven Goldby, the current chairman and CEO of MDL Informations Systems Inc.
* Oncogene Science Inc., of Uniondale, N.Y., elected Robert Van Nostrand to the position of vice president and chief financial officer.
* Oravax Inc., of Cambridge, Mass., appointed C. Boyd Clark, the current president of U.S. Bioscience, to its board of directors.
* Paracelsian Inc., of Ithaca, N.Y., named Alfred Alberts as a consultant to the company.
* PathoGenesis Corp., of Seattle, named Arnold Smith to its scientific advisory board.
* PerSeptive Biosystems Inc., of Framingham, Mass., appointed Don Schoeny senior vice president, worldwide sales, service, and marketing manager for the analytical products group.
* Pharmadigm Inc., of Salt Lake City, named Max Link, who formerly served on the company's board of directors, its chairman.
* Protein Design Labs Inc., of Mountain View, Calif., named Jurgen Drews, president of global research for Hoffmann-La Roche Inc., to its board of directors.
* Recombinant BioCatalysis Inc., of Sharon Hill, Pa., named Kathleen Van Sleem vice president of finance and administration.
* RiboGene Inc., of Hayward, Calif., appointed Charles Gluchowski as director of drug discovery.
* Ribozyme Pharmaceuticals Inc., of Boulder Colo., appointed Alene Holzman to the positions of general manager of target validation and discovery business, and vice president of business development.
* Synsorb Biotech Inc., of Calgary, Canada, appointed R.M. Ratcliffe to the position of vice president of chemical development and manufacturing.
* Techniclone Corp., of Tustin, Calif., promoted Ashot Petrossian from director to vice president, production and process development; and appointed David Allen vice president and general manager.
* Trimeris Inc., of Durham, N.C., named Charles Sanders, former chairman and CEO of Glaxo Inc., to its board of directors.
* Tripos Inc., of St. Louis., appointed Alfred Wycoff, who currently serves on the board of directors for Inflazyme Pharmaceuticals Ltd., to its board of directors.
* Vical Inc., of San Diego, elected to its board of directors Gary Lyons, the president and CEO of Neurocrine Biosciences, Inc.
* Visible Genetics Inc., of Toronto, appointed former president and CEO of Bayer Corp., Konrad Weis, to its board of directors and named Andrew Loehr as its west coast sales manager.
* Vyrex Corp., of La Jolla Calif., named Steven Kemper, chief financial officer and James Glavin, managing director.