* Advanced Viral Research Corp., of Hallandale, Fla., named ShalomHirschman president and CEO.
* AMDL Inc., of Tustin, Calif., named Ronald Moore vice presidentof operations.
* Cell Pathways Inc., of West Conshohocken, Pa., appointed RobertTowarnicki CEO.
* GenVec Inc., of Rockville, Md., made the following appointments:Herbert Conrad, former president of the U.S. pharmaceuticalsdivision of Roche Holding Ltd., of Basel, Switzerland, chairman; andPaul Fischer, executive vice president and chief operating officer.
* Geron Corp., of Menlo Park, Calif., named Calvin Harley chiefscientific officer for research and development.
* ImClone Systems Inc., of New York, named to its board RichardBarth, chairman of Basel Switzerland-based Ciba-Geigy Ltd.'s U.S.division.
* Inspire Pharmaceuticals Inc., of Durham, N.C., made the followingappointments: Richard Evans, director of pharmaceuticaldevelopment; Geoffrey Grisham, director of finance and operations;Janet Rideout, senior director of discovery; William Pendergast,director of chemistry; and Christy Shaffer, senior director ofdevelopment.
* Tularik Inc., of South San Francisco, appointed to its board PeterSjostrand, a partner in Switzerland-based BZ Group.
(c) 1997 American Health Consultants. All rights reserved.