* Genzyme Corp., of Cambridge, Mass., made the followingappointments: Geoffrey Cox, executive vice president; GregoryPhelps, executive vice president; David McLachlan, executive vicepresident of finance and chief financial officer; Peter Wirth,executive vice president of legal affairs; Tim Surgenor, president ofthe company's tissue repair division; David Fleming, senior vicepresident of diagnostics; Jan van Heek, senior vice president of thespecialty therapeutics, surgical products and tissue repair businessunits; John McPherson, senior vice president of protein development;Richard Moscicki, senior vice president for medical, clinical andregulatory affairs; and Alan Smith, chief scientific officer.
* Human Genome Sciences Inc., of Rockville, Md., appointed StevenMayer senior vice president and chief financial officer.
* IGG International Inc., of Cambridge, Mass., appointed RichardSalter vice president of corporate development and John Pooldirector of European operations.
* ImmuLogic Pharmaceutical Corp., of Waltham, Mass., appointed toits board of directors Samuel Fleming, chairman and CEO ofDecision Resources Inc.; and Paul Fiedman, president of DupontMerck Research Labs. ImmuLogic also named Alan Tuck chiefstrategic officer.
* Inex Pharmaceuticals Corp., of Vancouver, B.C., named DavidMain vice president of corporate development.
* Innovir Laboratories Inc., of New York, named to its board ofdirectors: Joseph Edelman, senior healthcare analyst with AriesFinancial Services; and Michael Weiss, senior managing director ofParamount Capital Inc.
* Insmed Pharmaceuticals Inc., of Richmond, Va., named JohnOprandy director of diagnostic product development.
* Interferon Sciences Inc., of New Brunswick, N.J., appointedMagnus Precht executive vice president of sales and marketing andJames Knill vice president of medical affairs.
* Ixion Biotechnology Inc., of Alachua, Fla., named to its scientificadvisory board Sacedur Khan, associate professor of pathology at theUniversity of Florida College of Medicine in Gainesville, Fla.
* Life Medical Sciences Inc., of Edison, N.J., appointed Mark Citrondirector of development.
* Mercator Genetics Inc., of Menlo Park, Calif., named KarenBrunke vice president of clinical research.
* Neurex Corp., of Menlo Park, Calif., named to its board ofdirectors: Gerard Burrow, dean of Yale University School ofMedicine; Raymond Egan, president of Princeton HealthcareConsultants, of Princeton, N.J.; and Robert Luther, Neurex'sexecutive vice president of development.
* Oncogene Science Inc., of Uniondale, N.Y., named Colin Goddardexecutive vice president and chief operating officer and ArthurBruskin senior vice president. The company also appointed to itsboard of directors Daryl Granner, chairman of molecular physiologyand biophysics at Vanderbilt University in Nashville.
(c) 1997 American Health Consultants. All rights reserved.