* Alliance Pharmaceutical Corp., of San Diego, said PedroCuatrecasas was elected to its board. He is vice president of Warner-Lambert Co. and president, pharmaceutical research, at Parke-Davis.
* Atlantic Pharmaceuticals Inc., of Half Moon Bay, Calif., appointedYuichi Iwaki to its board of directors, increasing the board to fivemembers. He is director of the Transplantation Immunology &Immunogenics Laboratory in the Department of Urology at theUniversity of Southern California and professor of urology, surgeryand pathology at USC's School of Medicine.
* Celtrix Pharmaceuticals Inc., of Santa Clara, Calif., hired MalcolmMcKay as vice president, regulatory affairs and quality assurance.
* Genetic Therapy Inc., of Gaithersburg, Md., said Rachel King willsucceed M. James Barrett as CEO of the company, which is a whollyowned subsidiary of Sandoz Ltd. She has been at GTI since 1989.
* ImmunoTherapeutics Inc., of Fargo, N.D., appointed MichaelRosen as president and CEO. He succeeds Gerald Vosika, whoremains as chairman and chief scientific officer.
* Life Medical Sciences Inc., of Princeton, N.J., appointed WalterMaupay Jr. and Robert Hickey to its board of directors, increasingthe board to six members. Hickey is the company's president andCEO. Maupay most recently held executive positions at Bristol-Myers Squibb Co.
* Metra Biosystems Inc., of Mountain View, Calif., made thefollowing promotions: John Coombes to vice president international,Y. Victor Liu to vice president research and development, andRonald Steckel to senior vice president.
* NABI, of Boca Raton, Fla., appointed David Muth to the newposition of senior vice president, business development.
* Oncor Inc., of Gaithersburg, Md., appointed Emily Winn-Deen asdirector, diagnostics research and development.
* OncorMed Inc., of Gaithersburg, Md., hired Margaret Bywater tohead its business development activities and laboratory operations.
* Shaman Pharmaceuticals Inc., of South San Francisco, promotedBarbara Goodrich to the position of vice president and chief financialofficer.
(c) 1997 American Health Consultants. All rights reserved.