* Alza Corp., of Palo Alto, Calif., promoted Carol Abrams Gamble tovice president and associate general counsel.
* Cephalon Inc., of West Chester, Pa., appointed David Phillips tothe new position of director, sales and marketing, Europe, andcountry manager, U.K. and Ireland.
* Corvas International Inc., of San Diego, appointed David Kabakoffto chairman of the board. He already is president and CEO. Hesucceeds Theodor Heinrichs, who will continue as a director. Also,Corvas appointed W. Leigh Thompson as director. Most recentlyThompson was chief scientific officer at Eli Lilly and Co.
* Genentech Inc., of South San Francisco, promoted JohnMcLaughlin and William Young to executive vice presidents.McLaughlin was senior vice president, general counsel and secretary.Young most recently was senior vice president.
* IntraBiotics Pharmaceuticals Inc., of Sunnyvale, Calif., appointedDavid Loury as director of preclinical development.
* SangStat Medical Corp., of Menlo Park, Calif., said Maree Walljoined the company in the new position of vice president, investorrelations and business development.
(c) 1997 American Health Consultants. All rights reserved.