* Biomatrix Inc., of Ridgefield, N.J., appointed Richard Romasz asvice president, clinical affairs.
* Cambridge NeuroScience Inc., of Cambridge, Mass., appointedHarry Wilcox as senior vice president, finance and businessdevelopment, and chief financial officer.
* Celgene Corp., of Warren, N.J., elected Richard Morgan as actingchairman and CEO. He replaced Richard Wright, who retired. Also,Arthur Hull Hayes Jr., former FDA commissioner, joined Celgene'sboard.
* Connective Therapeutics Inc., of Palo Alto, Calif., hired MitchellKatz as senior director, pharmaceutical operations.
* Cytel Corp., of San Diego, hired Virgil Thompson as president,CEO and board member. He was a longtime executive at SyntexCorp.
* Diatech Inc., of Londonderry, N.H., appointed Edward Aten to vicepresident, medical affairs.
* Inspire Pharmaceuticals Inc., of Durham, N.C., appointed DavidDrutz as president and chief executive officer.
* Osteotech Inc., of Eatontown, N.J., appointed James Russell asexecutive vice president, chief scientific officer.
* Oxford Glycosystems, of Oxford, England, appointed Max Burgerto its board of directors. He is director of the Friedrich MiescherInstitute and a member of the Ciba-Geigy board of directors.
* Receptagen Ltd., of Burnaby, British Columbia, appointed DennisFowler as chief executive officer.
* Somatix Therapy Corp., of Alameda, Calif., appointed LawrenceCohen to vice president of research. He replaces company founderRichard Mulligan.
(c) 1997 American Health Consultants. All rights reserved.