* Alkermes Inc., of Cambridge, Mass., said underwritersfor its recent public offering exercised their option topurchase 300,000 additional shares, bringing the offeringto 2.3 million shares at $7 apiece.
* Cambridge NeuroScience Inc., of Cambridge, Mass.,registered to sell 1.2 million shares in a directed publicoffering of common stock. On June 30, 1995, thecompany reported having $15.1 million in cash and 12million shares outstanding. Robertson, Stephens & Co.L.P., of San Francisco, is placement agent for theoffering.
* La Jolla Pharmaceutical Co., of San Diego, netted morethan $8 million from the direct issuance of 2 millionshares to a European institutional investor. The sharescan't be sold for six months.
* Matrix Pharmaceutical Inc., of Menlo Park, Calif., saidunderwriters of its recent offering exercised their optionfor an additional 497,000 shares, bringing gross proceedsfrom the offering to about $54 million.
* North American Vaccine Inc., of Beltsville, Md., filed aproduct registration application in Sweden for itscombined diphtheria, tetanus and acellular pertussisvaccine.
* Rhone-Poulenc Rorer Inc., of Collegeville, Pa., boughtor received acceptances for more than 67 percent ofFisons plc shares, and declared its final offer isunconditional in all respects (See BioWorld Today, Oct.12, 1995, p. 1.)
* Scriptgen Pharmaceuticals Inc., of Medford, Mass., wasawarded five small business innovation research grantstotaling $500,000 for work in its antibacterial andantifungal programs, RNA transcripts chemistry programand its high throughput RNA affinity screeningtechnology.
(c) 1997 American Health Consultants. All rights reserved.