* Biochem Pharma Inc., of Laval, Quebec, said its jointventure filed a new drug submission in Canada for 3TCin combination with AZT for the treatment of HIV.
* Genetic Therapy Inc., of Gaithersburg, Md., started aPhase I trial of a gene therapy protocol designed toprotect patients' blood systems from the effects of high-dose chemotherapy. The approach involves transferring agene for multiple drug resistance into progenitor cells.
* Neoprobe Corp., of Dublin, Ohio, said its board ofdirectors adopted a shareholder rights plan. It said theaction was not in response to any specific takeoverproposal.
* Targeted Genetics Corp., of Seattle, sold 52,000additional units in a second closing of a self-managedpublic offering. The total raised was $12.5 million. (SeeBioWorld Today, July 17, p. 1.)
* Univax Biologics Inc., of Rockville, Md., said results ofa Phase I trial of HyperGAM+CF in cystic fibrosispatients showed that one-third of those given the higherdose experienced small, sustained improvement in lungfunction and large decreases in bacterial infections.
* The Immune Response Corp., of Carlsbad, Calif.,received FDA clearance to test its psoriasis therapy in aPhase II trial.
(c) 1997 American Health Consultants. All rights reserved.