* AccuImage Diagnostics Corp., of South San Francisco, named Lori Cassidy regional sales manager.
* Adolor Corp. appointed Randall Carpenter vice president of clinical research and development.
* AeroGen Inc., of Sunnyvale, Calif., appointed Michael Klimowicz vice president, product development.
* AgriCaptial Corp., of New York, named Doug Sterkel vice president.
* Amarillo Biosciences Inc., of Amarillo, Texas, named John Smith vice president of marketing and international business development.
* American Biogenetic Sciences Inc., of Copiague, N.Y., appointed John North president and CEO.
* Aronex Pharmaceuticals Inc., of The Woodlands, Texas, promoted Praveen Tyle to senior vice president, development and operations, and chief technical officer.
* Bearsden Bio Inc., of Aston, Pa., appointed Frank Osusky chief financial officer.
* Bioenergy Inc., of Minneapolis, named Terri Butler vice president of market development.
* BioReliance Corp., of Rockville, Md., appointed John Gilly vice president, manufacturing, for its U.S. manufacturing division.
* CardioVascular Dynamics Inc., of Irvine, Calif., named Michael Henson CEO.
* CombiChem Inc., of San Diego, appointed Dennis Smith vice president, software research and development.
* Competitive Technologies Inc., of Fairfield, Conn., elected to its board of directors Samuel Fodale, the founder and president of Central Maintenance Services Inc., of Detroit.
* Cortecs plc., of London, named Frank Harding non-executive director.
* Covance Inc., of Princeton, N.J., named Timothy Halls vice president, pharmaceutical chemistry.
* CytoMed Inc., of Cambridge, Mass., appointed C. Grace Yeh chief scientific officer.
* DrugAbuse Sciences Inc., of Menlo Park, Calif., named Stanley Kaplan president and CEO.
* Endogen Inc., of Woburn, Mass., named Christine Burns vice president of product development and technology.
* GelTex Pharmaceuticals Inc., of Waltham, Mass., appointed Douglas Reed vice president, business development; David Rosenbaum, vice president, preclinical development; and Stephen Burke director of human resources. In addition, David Davidson and Joanne Donovan were named medical directors.
* Genometrix Inc., of The Woodlands, Texas, appointed to its board of directors Bruce Peacock, chief operating officer of Cephalon Inc. It also named Aleksandar Milosavljevic senior director of bioinformatics.
* Guilford Pharmaceuticals Inc., of Baltimore, Md., appointed Nancy Linck vice president, intellectual property.
* Hollis-Eden Pharmaceuticals Inc., of San Diego, named Daryl Muenchau director of intellectual property.
* Human Genome Sciences Inc., of Rockville, Md., appointed to its board of directors and ethics committee Laura D'Andrea Tyson, dean of the Walter A. Haas School of Business at the University of California, Berkeley. The company also named Judith Giri director, cell biology.
* ImClone Systems Inc., of New York, named Ronald Martell vice president, marketing.
* The Immune Response Corp., of Carlsbad, Calif., named Paula Margulies senior manager of corporate communications/investor relations.
* Immunomedics Inc., of Morris Plains, N.J., named Olga Silvay-Mandeau vice president of medical affairs.
* Implemed Inc., of Watertown, Mass., named Edward Kelly president and CEO.
* Iomed Inc., of Salt Lake City, appointed Steven Hamilton vice president, business development.
* Kosan Biosciences Inc., of Burlingame, Calif., named Daniel Santi president and chief executive officer.
* La Jolla Pharmaceutical Co., of San Diego, named William Welch vice president, business development.