* NeuroVir Inc., of Vancouver, British Columbia, named Jeffrey Ostrove vice president for research and development.
* Pacific Pharmaceuticals Inc., of San Diego, appointed to its board of directors Robert Vukovich, founder and executive chairman of Roberts Pharmaceutical Corp.
* PathoGenesis Corp., of Seattle, named as chairman Wilbur Gantz, who is CEO, and named as chairman of the board's executive committee Fred Wilpon, former PathoGenesis chairman and president and CEO of the New York Mets.
* Peptimmune Inc., of Cambridge, Mass., named Michael Morse director of finance and administration.
* Pharmadigm Inc., of Salt Lake City, named Andrew Chiu director of pharmacology.
* Pharmagene plc, of Royston, U.K., appointed Alistair Riddell as CEO.
* Quadrant Healthcare plc, of Cambridge, U.K., appointed Cheryl Rogerson director of drug delivery and deputy director of research and development; and Christi Mitchell manager of research and development and business development.
* Roche Global Development, of Palo Alto, Calif., appointed Joyce Filppi site director. Roche Global Development is part of Roche Holding Ltd., of Basel, Switzerland.
* Scotia Pharmaceuticals Ltd., of Stirling, Scotland, appointed Christopher Blackwell development director and Margaret Thomson head of clinical operations.
* Sensus Corp., of Austin, Texas, appointed Magnus Precht senior vice president for sales and marketing.
* Targeted Genetics Corp., of Seattle, appointed David Schubert director of communications and strategic relations.
* TheraTech Inc., of Salt Lake City, appointed to its board of directors Robert deVeer, a former executive with CS First Boston and Lehman Brothers.
* Vimrx Pharmaceuticals Inc., of Wilmington, De., appointed to its board of directors Victor Schmitt, president of venture management at Deerfield, Ill.-based Baxter Healthcare Corp.