* BioSepra Inc., of Marlborough, Mass., appointed to its board of directors David Southwell, executive vice president and chief financial officer of Sepracor Inc., of Marlborough, Mass.
* CoCensys Inc., of Irvine, Calif., named F. Richard Nichol president and CEO.
* CytoTherapeutics Inc., of Providence, R.I., made the following appointments: Lars Wahlberg, director of core technology; and Lynn Baird, vice president of regulatory affairs, quality assurance and clinical development.
* EntreMed Inc., of Rockville, Md., appointed Nelson Campbell chief financial officer and Edward Gubish senior vice president of research and development.
* GeneLabs Technologies Inc., of Redwood City, Calif., named to its board of directors Nina Wang, chairwoman of Chinachem Group, in Hong Kong.
* ID Biomedical Corp., of Vancouver, appointed Henry Fletcher director of operations.
* MetaXen LLC, of Menlo Park, Calif., appointed David Matthews principal scientist and group leader of molecular and structural biology.
* MitoKor Inc., of San Diego, named to its board of directors and scientific advisory board Pedro Cuatrecasas, a former vice president of Warner-Lambert Co., of Morris Plains, N.J.
* Neoprobe Corp., of Dublin, Ohio, appointed Larry Anderson vice president and managing director of European operations.
* NeoRx Corp., of Seattle, appointed Richard Anderson senior vice president and chief financial officer.
* North American Vaccine Inc., of Beltsville, Md., named the following: Iver Heron, vice president of research; Jo White, vice president of clinical development; and Joan Fusco, vice president of business development.
* Recombinant BioCatalysis Inc., of Sharon Hill, Pa., named to its board of directors Daniel Carroll, chairman of The Carroll Group Inc., of Ann Arbor, Mich.
* Sepracor Inc., of Marlborough, Mass., named Frederick Graff vice president of sales.
* StressGen Biotechnologies Corp., of Victoria, British Columbia, named to its board of directors Steven Mendell, president and CEO of Prizm Pharmaceuticals Inc. StressGen also appointed to its scientific advisory board Evan Hersh, a University of Arizona professor of medicine and microbiology and immunology; and Richard Locksley, a University of California at San Francisco professor of medicine and microbiology and immunology.
* Stryker Corp., of Kalamazoo, Mich., named the following to its biotech division: Enda Kenny, vice president of regulatory affairs and quality assurance; Patrick West, vice president of sales and marketing; and Jill Wollins, vice president of clinical research.
* Texas Biotechnology Corp., of Houston, appointed Timothy Kogan vice president of chemistry and biophysics.
* Theratechnologies Inc., of Montreal, named the following to its board of directors: Gerald Tremblay, former Canadian minister of industry, commerce, science and technology; and Paul Pommier, senior executive vice president of government and corporate finance with Levesque Beaubien Geoffrion Inc. Theratechnologies also appointed Jacques Saint-Denis vice president of corporate affairs.
* Transkaryotic Therapies Inc., of Cambridge, Mass., named Daniel Geffken vice president of finance and chief financial officer.
* Tularik Inc., of South San Francisco, named Pieter Timmermans vice president of pharmacology and preclinical development.