* Alanex Corp., of San Diego, appointed to its board of directors Timothy Rink, chairman, president and CEO of Aurora Biosciences Inc.
* Allelix Biopharmaceuticals Inc., of Toronto, named Niels Lutzen vice president of manufacturing and Adi Treasurywala vice president of drug discovery.
* Alpha Therapeutic Corp., of Los Angeles, appointed Carolyn Siegal vice president of business development.
* Angeion Corp., of Minneapolis, named to its board of directors Dennis Sellke, chairman and CEO of Clarus Medical Systems Inc.
* Aradigm Corp., of Hayward, Calif., appointed Mark Olbert chief financial officer.
* Argonaut Technologies Inc., of San Carlos, Calif., named David Binkley president and CEO.
* Arris Pharmaceutical Corp., of South San Francisco, appointed to its board of directors Donald Kennedy, former FDA commissioner and president of Stanford University and named Fred Ruegsegger chief financial officer.
* BioCryst Pharmaceuticals Inc., of Birmingham, Ala., appointed J. Claude Bennett president and chief operating officer.
* Cellegy Pharmaceuticals Inc., of Foster City, Calif., named to its board of directors Jack Bowman, former executive with Johnson & Johnson.
* ClinTrials Research Inc., of Nashville, Tenn., named John Robbins executive vice president and Mary Chaput chief financial officer.
* Collagen Corp. appointed the following: Carol Harner, vice president of scientific affairs; Charlene Andros, general counsel and assistant secretary; Reinhard Koenig, vice president of medical affairs; and Jane Moffitt, vice president of regulatory affairs.
* Diatide Inc., of Londonderry, N.H., named Daniel Harrington chief financial officer.
* Endorex Corp., of Lake Bluff, Ill., appointed Robert Brey vice president of vaccine development and named to its board of directors, Leonard Jacob, co-founder and former chief operating officer of Magainin Pharmaceuticals.
* Epitope Inc., of Beaverton, Ore., appointed Mark Allred controller.
* GeneMedicine Inc., of The Woodlands, Texas, named Jeffrey Nordstrom director of gene expression systems, Ross Durland director of plasmid analytics and John Welp director of integrated manufacture.
* HemaSure Inc., of Marlborough, Mass., named Steven Rouhandeh CEO and Edward Kelly executive vice president and chief operating officer.
* Hyseq Inc., of Sunnyvale, Calif., named Christopher Wolf executive vice president and chief financial officer.
* ImmunoGen Inc., of Cambridge, Mass., named the following: Walter Blattler, executive vice president of science and technology; Frank Pocher, executive vice president of operations; John Lambert, vice president of research and development; and Kathleen Carroll, vice president of finance and development.