* 3-Dimensional Pharmaceuticals Inc., of Exton, Pa., appointedThomas Stagnaro president and CEO.
* Arris Pharmaceutical Corp., of South San Francisco, appointedHeinz Gschwend executive vice president for research and preclinicaldevelopment and Daniel Petree executive vice president of corporatedevelopment and chief financial officer.
* BioTransplant Inc., of Charlestown, Mass., named RobertKauffman vice president of clinical affairs.
* Chiron Corp., of Emeryville, Calif., named Richard Barker seniorvice president and president of Chiron Diagnostics.
* CoCensys Inc., of Irvine, Calif., named Eckard Weber senior vicepresident of drug discovery and James Coleman vice president ofcommercial development.
* Genelabs Technologies Inc., of Redwood City, Calif., namedMelinda Griffith vice president and general counsel.
* Geron Corp., of Menlo Park, Calif., named to its board of directorsRobert Stein, senior vice president and chief scientific officer ofLigand Pharmaceuticals Inc., of San Diego.
* Gliatech Inc., of Cleveland, Ohio, appointed to its board ofdirectors Theodore Haigler, former president and CEO of BurroughsWellcome Co., which has merged with Glaxo plc to form GlaxoWellcome plc, of London.
* HemaSure Inc., of Marlborough, Mass., named Jeffrey Davis seniorvice president and chief financial officer.
* Hemosol Inc., of Toronto, named Lou Carmichael manager ofclinical affairs.
* Houghten Pharmaceuticals Inc., of San Diego, appointed MichalLebl director of robotics and synthesis automation and ViktorKrchnak associate director of robotics and synthesis automation.
* ImClone Systems Inc., of New York, named to its board ofdirectors William Miller, formerly vice chairman of New York-basedBristol-Myers Squibb, and David Kies, a partner in the New Yorklaw firm Sullivan and Cromwell.
* Innovir Laboratories Inc., of New York, named to its board ofdirectors Maurice Hilleman, former senior vice president for virusand cell biology research at Merck & Co., of New York, and HughRobertson, professor at Cornell University Medical College, ofIthaca, N.Y.
* InSite Vision Inc., of Alameda, Calif., appointed Michael Baer vicepresident of finance and administration.
* IntraBiotics Pharmaceuticals Inc., of Sunnyvale, Calif., namedThomas Shepherd vice president of corporate development.
* Ixion Inc., of Alachua, Fla., made the following appointments to itsscientific advisory board: Hans Wigzell, director of the KarolinskaInstitute in Stockholm and chairman of the institute's department ofimmunology; and Milton Allison, professor of microbiology,immunology and preventive medicine at Iowa State University, ofAmes, Iowa.
* Kendle Inc., of Cincinnati, made the following appointments:William Marshall, manager of human resources; Maureen Matlosz-Pieper, assistant director of the cardiovascular division; and TimothyMooney, chief financial officer.
* Ligand Pharmaceuticals Inc., of San Diego, named president andCEO David Robinson chairman of the company's board of directors.
* Micrologix Biotech Inc., of Vancouver, B.C., appointed DanyHadary president and CEO.
* Molecular Biosystems Inc., of San Diego, appointed to its board ofdirectors David Barry, chairman and CEO of TrianglePharmaceuticals Inc., of Durham, N.C.
* Mycogen Corp., of St. Paul, Minn., named Michael Muston vicepresident and general manager of Mycogen Seeds and appointed toits board Wayne Withers, senior vice president of Emerson ElectricCo. and William Schmidt, chief financial officer of DowElanco, apartnership between The Dow Chemical Co., of Midland, Mich., andEli Lilly and Co., of Indianapolis.
* PharmaGenics Inc., of Allendale, N.J., named George Gould seniorvice president of corporate affairs and chief counsel.
* Sheffield Medical Technologies Inc., of New York, appointedThomas Fitzgerald chief operating officer.
* SmithKline Beecham Corp., of Philadelphia, appointed DavidSearls, group director of bioinformatics, and Jim Fickett, ChrisRawlings and Randy Smith, senior researchers.
* Sugen Inc., of Redwood City, Calif., appointed Peter Hirthexecutive vice president and chairman of the research anddevelopment committee.
* Terrapin Technologies Inc., of South San Fran-cisco, named JamesGower vice chairman of the company's board.
* Unimed Pharmaceuticals Inc., of Buffalo Grove, Ill., appointedJohn Lee vice president of commercial development.
* Versicor Inc., of Marlborough, Mass., named to its scientificadvisory board Jonathan Ellman, a professor with an expertise incombinatorial chemistry at the University of California at Berkeley.Versicor is a subsidiary of Sepracor Inc., of Marlborough, Mass.
*Xoma Corp., of Berkeley, Calif., appointed Stephen Carroll vicepresident of preclinical research and Bernardus Machielse vicepresident of quality assurance and quality control.
(c) 1997 American Health Consultants. All rights reserved.