* MicroCarb Inc., of Gaithersburg, Md., elected Bruce Elmblad,president of Venture Investment Advisors Inc., to its board ofdirectors.
* Sepracor Inc., of Marlborough, Mass., named Alan Steigrod to itsboard of directors. He is president and CEO of CortexPharmaceuticals Inc.
* Dura Pharmaceuticals Inc., of San Diego, promoted Robert Schultzto vice president, product development, and Clyde Witham to vicepresident, aerosol technology.
* Pharma Mar S.A., of Madrid, Spain, named Glynn Faircloth vicepresident for worldwide preclinical research and development, andchief operating officer of Pharma Mar USA Inc. Both are newpositions.
* Fibromed Inc., of Boston, named George Oram president, CEO anda company director.
* CV Therapeutics Inc., of Palo Alto, Calif., elected Isaac Stein to itsboard of directors. He is president of a private investment firm.
* IntraBiotics Pharmaceuticals Inc., of Palo Alto, Calif., named LeoChee-Liang Gu senior director, pharmaceutical development, andDeborah Steinberg as director of microbiology.
* Genzyme Corp., of Cambridge, Mass., promoted Bonnie Fendrockto vice president, surgical products.
* U.S. Bioscience Inc., of West Conshohocken, Pa., appointedMichael Kurman vice president, clinical research.
* Argonex Inc., of The Woodlands, Texas, said David Leech willserve as CEO, James Chubb will be president and chief operatingofficer. Both also will be directors of the company, formed as a resultof the three-way merger of Argus Pharmaceuticals Inc., TriplexPharmaceutical Corp. and Oncologix Inc.
(c) 1997 American Health Consultants. All rights reserved.