* ArQule Inc., of Medford, Mass., appointed David Coffen to theposition of vice president of chemistry.
* Biometric Research Institute Inc., of Arlington, Va., appointedRodney Munsey as vice president, regulatory affairs; Charles Finn asexecutive director, regulatory affairs; and Alan Taylor, as seniortechnical adviser in its San Diego office.
* Carrington Laboratories Inc., of Irving, Texas, named CharlesHugues managing director, wound care.
* ClinTrials Research Inc., of Nashville, Tenn., appointed JosephColatuno as general manager of operations in Nashville and ResearchTriangle Park, N.C., and Thomas Gerding as interlocation director ofregulatory affairs.
* CombiChem Inc., of La Jolla, Calif., appointed Peter Myers asexecutive vice president of research and chief scientific officer.
* COR Therapeutics Inc., of South San Francisco, elected JerryJackson to its board of directors, increasing the board to eightmembers. Jackson had been with Merck & Co. Inc. for 30 years.
* Free Radical Sciences Inc., of Cambridge, Mass., appointedMichael Sullivan to the new position of vice president of businessdevelopment.
* Innapharma Inc., of Suffern, N.Y., made the following promotions:Henry Abajian, corporate vice president, scientific and technicalaffairs; Joseph Hlavka, director, chemistry, manufacturing andcontrols; Lin Hong, associate director, analytical services; JudithDien, director, marketing and program development; Liron Sissman,director, financial management; Jane Fayer, director, financialmanagement; Mila Etropolski, associate medical director, clinicaltrials; Edward Mazzaccano, financial manager, clinical projects; GaleBrugeman, associate director, corporate communications; KellyRymarzow, clinical trials coordinator; and Andrew Albright, assistantdirector of project management.
* Geron Corp., of Menlo Park, Calif., appointed Daniel Levitt to thenew position of vice president of development and chief medicalofficer.
* ICAgen Inc., of Research Triangle Park, N.C., named RichardReichow vice president of finance and chief financial officer.
* Magainin Pharmaceuticals Inc., of Plymouth Meeting, Pa., electedZola Horovitz to its board of directors. Horovitz formerly was anexecutive vice president of Bristol-Myers Squibb Co.
* Somatix Therapy Corp., of Alameda, Calif., appointed John Pottsto its board of directors. He has held at positions at MassachusettsGeneral Hospital and Harvard Medical School since 1981.
* Texas Biotechnology Co., of Houston, hired Richard Schwartz asvice president, clinical development and regulatory affairs.
* The Liposome Co. Inc., of Princeton, N.J., hired Donald Yarson asvice president, marketing and sales.
* Trimeris Inc., of Durham, N.C., named Matthew Megaro as chieffinancial officer. Also, Michael Recny was named director ofbiochemical sciences.
(c) 1997 American Health Consultants. All rights reserved.