* Biogen Inc., of Cambridge, Mass., named to its board Alan Simpson, former U.S. senator from Wyoming.
* Cadus Pharmaceutical Corp., of Tarrytown, N.Y., named Philip Sussman senior vice president of corporate development and James Reilly vice president of finance.
* Cambridge Molecular Technologies Ltd., of Cambridge, U.K., named Sharon Alldrick export sales manager.
* Cephalon Inc., of West Chester, Pa., named Irving Hwang vice president of biostatistics and research data management.
* Cubist Pharmaceuticals Inc., of Cambridge, Mass., named Frederick Oleson vice president of drug development.
* Dow AgroSciences LLC, of Indianapolis, named Ronald Meeusen vice president of biotechnology research and development. Dow AgroSciences is a subsidiary of Dow Chemical Co.
* Immunomedics Inc., of Morris Plains, N.J., named Kevin Brophy vice president of finance and administration and chief financial officer and Mel Snyder vice president of marketing and sales.
* Integra Life Sciences Corp., of Plainsboro, N.J., named Stuart Essig president and CEO.
* Matrix Pharmaceutical Inc., of Fremont, Calif., named to its board of directors Bradley Lorimier, former senior vice president of business development for Human Genome Sciences Inc.
* Microcide Pharmaceuticals Inc., of Mountain View, Calif., named George Miller senior vice president of research and development.
* Nabi Inc., of Boca Raton, Fla., named Tanina Frouge director of investor relations, media relations and corporate public relations.
* Nastech Pharmaceutical Co. Inc., of Hauppauge, N.Y., named Robert Rosen president.
* Protein Design Labs Inc., of Mountain View, Calif., named Peter Grassam vice president of manufacturing and general manager of the company's Plymouth, Minn., production facility.
* Qiagen NV, of Venlo, the Netherlands, named Kazu Tokushige general manager of the company's Japanese joint venture, Qiagen K.K., and Philip Sefton general manager of its U.K. subsidiary, Qiagen Ltd.
* Sugen Inc., of Redwood City, Calif., made the following appointments: Gerald McMahon, vice president of drug discovery; Gregory Plowman, vice president of molecular biology; and Dorian Rinella, vice president of human resources.
* Terrapin Technologies Inc., of South San Francisco, named Michael Wick executive vice president of research and development and chief operating officer.